Isaac
Years ago

Hodge cleared to play against Dragons

Just a quick post: paperwork for new 36ers import Julius Hodge has been finalised and he's been cleared to play against the Dragons in Melbourne next Wednesday.

I think that game might be on Fox - if so, we get a chance to see how he goes.

Hopefully the team can take care of the Pigs this weekend as well.

Topic #13971 | Report this topic

RMM  
Years ago

2 out of four would be a not bad result for this road run. IF we wanna show ourselves as genuine contenders a win against Perth would help out and a return win against Sydney to silence the crtics. That makes a 4 game win streak.. Not sure if it can be done but Not doubting it. Lets hope Hodge can bring some dynamics to the team!

Reply #163493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure it a fox game, only problem is I don't have fox. Couldn't a compuet savvy person from this forum create a torrent for 36ers games shownm on fox:)? (i know there is already a nbl torrent site but they rarely upload 36ers games and when they do u cant download them unless you've uploaded 7 GB).

Reply #163496 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Watch it at a pub for the price of a beer or two.

Reply #163497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u are dreaming RMM

Reply #163498 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I moved house once & thought I would save some money and not get Fox, after watching two sixers games down the pub and spending about $200 on grog and gambling I thought it would be just as cheap to get Fox put back on at home.

Reply #163500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good idea Isaac. Any pub reccomendations? Any that usually show NBL?

Reply #163506 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

How useful is Hodge going to be against the Dragons on Wednesday? He arrives on Sunday, he may train on Monday if he can stay awake long enough, Tuesday is Christmas and then Wednesday is upon you. He is going to be a fish out of water and probably more of a distraction to the rest of the team.

Reply #163523 | Report this post

glow worm  
Years ago

having said that whose fault is it - surely not blaming hodge already - the guy a pro he will deliver - the timing of his arrival has nothing to do with him - look at it a gift from santa to Phil
great way rto start the new year a win or 2 undewr the belt and a new import who will only get better - think sixers might just be starting to come good -

Reply #163529 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

EC, If a dude can PLAY he will produce something, no matter what his preperation is, and whether or not he knows all the offences/defences yet - he'll still be able to produce and show what he's made of. A pro can play under any conditions (unless he has a back injury, or has pulled a heart muscle).

Reply #163531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a very negative way of looking at it, EC. The way I look at it is, he has 3 days to recover and 3 nights of sleep before he has to suit up in Melbourne.

Reply #163537 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Lets be clear on this. If he can play 24 minutes on wed and play solid d' on Ingles while giving use 12-14 points, we would be in VERY good shape.

Reply #163543 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I agree with kad, you cant expect they guy to come out and shoot 30 in his first game...no matter how much talent he has. As long as he contributes and works towards the team success he is doing better than we were with mike. Not to say mike wasnt a team player but he wasnt giving the team anything shooting 25 odd percent from the field

Reply #163558 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Doesn't Phil have a free flowing offence that anybody would be able to fit into? Does Phil have offences?

If there are set offences he would probably pick them up pretty quickly. He should know the basics anyway, so I cannot see him being too much of a disraction.

Reply #163565 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Can't produce after 3 days? Two words: Bobby Locke. 50 points almost straight off the plane.

Reply #163568 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I don't know how we're ever going to win from EC's point of view. Some wanted Hodgey here for the 'Backs game tonight, would he've been a distraction then? By my score, he'd be even more jet-lagged, been miserable having been deprived of family, & almost immediately being rushed off to an away game.
Not that the Boxing Day's a perfect initiation for any new team-mate either, but he'll be flying out (Christmas Day arvo) with a group of mates that're in a some-what similar situation. He'll know he's not the only one feeling the pain of our ridiculous schedule, & it could make for a solid team bonding experience if everyone pitches in on a personal/emotional & playing level.
Like Isaac said previously, we've handled being without an import pretty damned well. Though Mikey had his value, there were areas in his game where he didn't/couldn't contribute, which meant we effectively had only 4 36ers on the floor. If Hodgey's got the ball skills, & is the slasher, & hard defender we're lead to believe, we're on the right track.
Can't wait to see (freak'n NBL live-scores) how he goes. Good times ahead.

Reply #163571 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

As per the Anonymous posting above - anyone have good suggestions for a pub guaranteed to show the Foxtel match next Wednesday - preferably with sound?
Thanks

Reply #163625 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Sixer fans have met at the pub on the corner of Hindley & Morphett St.
Not sure if it's still a goer, or if there's any competition for the big screen for Wednesday night.

Reply #163732 | Report this post

dougys69  
Years ago

crows tavern at westlakes always shows the bball on wednesday night

Reply #163747 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

The Holdy show basketball usually, just without sound

Reply #163783 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

He's here, I kinda like him already, "a winner"

Reply #163787 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

No sound's probably a good thing, regardless of which commentary team Fox sends - Guaranteed Carfino plus one of Casey, Bradtke or Gaze, Casey being the best of the bad bunch because he silences Carfino for a lot of the match.

Reply #163918 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754