Where are these guys playing now?

Topic #13975 | Report this topic

billups 1  
Years ago

horvath was playing for south dragons until he got cut

Reply #163541 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

horvath is still on the dragon payroll, he will be naturalized next season..

Reply #163542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would people prefer Majstrovich or Dench?

Reply #163545 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

to be honest, from what I have seen of Dench, I would rather have Majstrovich.

Reply #163546 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Interesting that with a new team in the league, Majstrovich still doesn't have a gig. What's the deal? I heard that a struggled with some plays but he wasn't too bad?

Reply #163549 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Majstrovich was far better than Dench. For all Dench has done this season, one would be excused to think he doesn't exist on the team. He may as well not show up, who would know the difference.

Reply #163552 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Wasn't Majstrovich (basically) a freebie for us, with the Breakers having to pay out the majority of his contract for 06/07 after cutting him?

Given that he didn't do anything special while he was here with us last season, and was cut from the Breakers the year before, I could understand why Blaze, and even Singapore with their roster rebuild, opted for new faces from SEABL, etc.

Reply #163553 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeh but still...dench? like the 3 point missing, non post playing, non rebounding big man. I would probably do better at the 4 for the sixers, and thats saying something.

Reply #163555 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Wouldn't Axe have come cheaply like Maestro? Similar situations, I thought.
Maestro was big on the boards & wasn't too shabby from the arc. He was never going to be the star, but did enough in my view.
Axe is still 7', but lacks confidence. He could be a whole lot better if took higher %age shots (a dunk'd be nice), bodied up more & eased up on himself. Not much to ask, all the qualities are there.

Reply #163574 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Majstrovich wouldn't have been much worse than some of the guys in Singapore. Might've run around like, as I heard, "a chicken with its head cut off" but he scored and boarded OK.

Reply #163579 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Yes he certainly wasn't the brightest chook in the coop .

Reply #163583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I was Singapore should sign Majstrovich, Horvath and an Asian import next year (if they still exist) then their starting 5 would look like:

Horvath
Grizzard
Janev
Helms
Asian Import

...not a bad opening unit.

Reply #163587 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I was going to bring this up the other week. I dont see how Mastro was any worse than our other 'role players' (Ng etc), would come very cheap and helps cover our major weakness, no 3 man. Obviously not a starter but give him back-up minutes of our import, provided he stays next season because Copeland will retire so we have no small forwards!

Reply #163601 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Quote VC fan: "I was going to bring this up the other week. I dont see how Mastro was any worse than our other 'role players' (Ng etc), would come very cheap and helps cover our major weakness, no 3 man."

Are you saying you'd prefer Maestro over Ding?

Without forcing my opinion (Isaac's & a few others), both players are good on the boards & can score. Ding brings ball handling, guard nouse & is a local. Why stuff with that?

Reply #163610 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

"Ding brings ball handling, guard nouse & is a local"

+ very good speed and 3 point shooting.

Majstrovich always looked unconfident and lost on the court and was a pretty average shooter. I remember getting very frustrated with his shooting woes. I think he ended the season on 35% from the feild. Not a bad player though and I would take him over Dench anyday.

Reply #163616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ding brings shooting. Leave out the rest like passing, ball handling and D.

Reply #163618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spotted this in a NZ paper - the Stars are one of the NZ NBL teams:

The Stars have also landed one of the most highly regarded players in New Zealand basketball circles, former NBL MVP Adrian Majstrovich.

Majstrovich played four seasons for the Bay Hawks, winning Rookie of the Year in 2003 and Most Valuable Player in 2004. Last season he averaged 11.2 points and 6.2 rebounds in 13 games for the Wellington Saints.

Reply #163823 | Report this post

Random  
Years ago

I work with Adrian Majstovich's brother. Adrian decieded to take the Australian NBL season off as a break.

Reply #181120 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754