Isaac
Years ago

Twelve days until Christmas...

...and no offers of Sixers merchandise specials or ticket packages as gift ideas on the 36ERS' website. If there was anything mentioned at the game, I definitely didn't hear it.

Here's hoping that they can come up with something quickly and email all of the fans to let them know what's available.

Another decent idea would be a team Christmas card that could get sent out to season ticket holders, but the expense might be too much for that one.

Topic #1398 | Report this topic

Kelly  
Years ago

I often go to Sixers games, so this does not relate to me, but one of my co-workers. This morning I got an email reading&

"can you get 36ers merchandise anywhere but the powerhouse (the ?? dome) ?? i want to get some for my basketball playing nephew, but cannot find in Rebel emporia and the like.. I will go check 36ers website in a minute..."

Of course, I had to write back and tell her that no only could she not get 36ers merchandise from the website, but she would probably have to go to the Dome to get it. But, she is not a basketball fan, nor should she have to pay an extra $30 to get in and buy her nephew a Christmas present?

Does anyone else know anywhere else to buy Sixers merchandise?

I could offer to buy my co-worker her Christdmas present for her nephew, but of course she wants to see what is available, etc.

How could the Adelaide 36ers marketing team have missed this? Of course Sixers merchandise (and tickets to games, etc.) would be good presents, but the giver of gifts might not be a 36ers fan.

Can they duck into the Dome without a ticket? They shouldn't have to though, they should be able to buy it is the city.

Reply #16158 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

Champ Sports at Marion Shopping centre on the bottom floor just outside myer in the mall section have recently got 36ers tops in, check on the right wall near the service counter. I asked and they do not come with numbers but they can be ordered in.

Reply #16159 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I think if you ring The Dome during office hours they can normally organise merchandise, if you know what you want.

Reply #16198 | Report this post

Kelly  
Years ago

That's just it. She doesn't know what she wants, because she hasn't seen what's there. She wants to browse and find something that will fit her nephew, that he will like, etc.

Perhaps if there were photos somewhere?

Reply #16206 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I beleive the club web site will have the on line merchandise up and running by the end of the week.

They just received the ok from Champion on Friday.

Reply #16208 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

The concept of the Merch stand is stupid. As mentioned above, why shouldn't people be able to view the merch without attending the game?

Also it's slightly irrelevant, it might also just be my inattention, but I went into the merch stand a few weeks ago, and was enquiring about a Sixers singlet, only to be told that if I wanted it by Christmas, I needed to order it right then. I say again, it may have been announced when I wasn't listening. But if it wasn't, shouldn't the merch stand be advertised a hell of a lot during the breaks, also let people know when to get their orders in?

Reply #16217 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Agreed Fly.

Was that for time to get a name on the singlet, or just the singlet plain?

I would have to assume with a name and number on it..else couldnt you have one off the rack??

But the merchandise stand has always been inside, even with the old one.

I guess it's a bit like the Gold Coast theme parks...why sell your souveneirs outside where people dont have to pay to come in??

Reply #16219 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Why can't they have a selection at the front office? Anyone can walk in during business hours.

Reply #16222 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

It was for a singlet with name & number, yogee.

EC is right, they should have a selection in the front office.

Reply #16279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754