Anonymous
Years ago

Should Houston Trade One Of Their Stars?

I was watching "TNT Overtime" on nba.com and Majic Johnson was saying that Houston needs to trade either Yao or Macgrady. He said that they are both great players but the team just doesn't work when they are on the same team. I've become a bit of a Rockets fan and it would be sad to see either of these guys leave, but if trafding one of them will make the team better then it's the thing to do. I was wondering what other people think about this. Do you think Yao and T-Mac can play together or not? If you had to trade one of them who would you trade?

Topic #13985 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

If i had to trade one of these two i probably would trade McGrady. Its a tough one because McGrady runs the team and its tough sometimes for a big man to be the star on the team but Yao is so dominant and i think he could work in tandem with another star.

Reply #163654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic said that he would trade Mcgrady.

Reply #163656 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

McGrady's the guy that can't seem to get past the first round. Plus, Yao is so marketable. Send McGrady to Milwaukee for Yi Jianlian and Redd, and increase your following billion-fold.

Reply #163659 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'd be trading T-Mac and one reason is a financial reason. Yao brings sooo much extra money to the franchise.

Yao is a dominant big man, at the moment I can count on one hand the number of dominant big men in the league. Find a good scoring SF/SG is much easier than finding a 20-10 centre at the moment.

Just trying to think what or who T-Mac would bring which would be a benefit and/or upgrade to the Rockets. I guess they really need a decent powerforward next to Yao and they'll need to fill out the SG/SF position.

T-Mac for Kobe... Nup
T-Mac for Boozer... Nup
T-Mac for Rich Jeffeson... Maybe. T-Mac/Vince/Kidd. (Need to include Collins)
T-Mac for Marion... Don't think so, but maybe
T-Mac for Lebron... Hell no
T-Mac for Caron Butler... Washington say no
T-Mac for Joe Johnson... Not happening

I guess another option would be to look at a 2 (or 3) for 1 and a second tier SG/SF. Maybe T-Mac for Corey Maggettee, Cuttino Mobley, Aaron Williams (it works in the checker and give the Clippers a star to compete with Kobe for the marketing dollar) or Nick Collision and Wally Szczerbiak (works in the checker) from Seattle.

As a Bobcan fan I'd gladly do a J-Rich, May and Harrington deal for T-Mac (works in the checker)

T-Mac injury status makes so hard to swap him for a player of his calibre.

He hasn't demanded a trade, he isn't a locker room cancer, he's just injury prone. I'd be keeping him.

Reply #163661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yao adds 50,000 odd to the Rockets fanbase aswell.

Reply #163721 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

More like 300,000,000 to fan base!

Reply #163733 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

twenty four is much closer anon ;).....

Reply #163736 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

if your gonna trade T-Mac youd go for a passing PG to compliment Yao better and maybe include one of their current PG's (Skip2/M.James/Franchise) in the deal.

Reply #163741 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

What bout a trade with GSW..

Monta Ellis and Jackson for T-Mac + some coin $$(tmac and baron would be one hell of a backcourt)

or

Tmac and Skip for Chris paul and Peja??

Tmac for Ben Gordon and Aaron Gray

All are serious possibilities

Reply #163791 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

umm, Max.. your trades need to actually work financially for them to be "all are serious possibilities"

I'm not even going to mention the ridiculous Chris Paul/Peja trade you mentioned......

Reply #163793 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

-Monta Ellis and Jackson for T-Mac + some coin $$
GSW lose in trade. They have no reason make any major moves, much less when they give up two major pieces for one.

-Tmac and Skip for Chris paul and Peja??
Unless LeBron or Howard are on the table, no way you'd move Chris Paul. At all.

-Tmac for Ben Gordon and Aaron Gray
Not happening. Houston lose out BIG time.

Reply #163794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tmac and Franchise for Kobe

Reply #163807 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754