Isiah Thomas
Years ago

Off Topic: Allocated Seating at Marion Megaplex

Went to the movies yesterday and noticed Marion Megaplex now have allocated seating for all their cinama's.

I know this may seem like a minor thing to complain about, but I think it's rather stupid.
I mean it's not a packed out sporting event or concert where attending here, it's a movie.

You reckon most people would like to make their own choice when they walk into the cinama and would prefer not to be stuck next to strangers unless it's completly neccessary.

I know it's been like this in Melbourne for a while, it's no biggie just something I find rather odd..

Topic #13988 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Melb - you can choose your seat when booking. Surely its the same in adel?

As for sitting next to a stranger that is exactly why the changed to allocated, if it is going to be a packed out movie than they dont want every couple/group to have one empty seat in between them and the next couple/group, thus once the place is full of groups with their one empty seat between each other the groups coming in next end up splitting up and being near strangers anyway.

Reply #163765 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Wow that sounds fun when you are running late for a movie and have to trip over feet to get to your seat

Reply #163767 | Report this post

MovieGoer  
Years ago

The reason they do this is money...when u book online you can choose your own seat BUT you also have to pay a booking fee, therefore making the cinema more money, i wldnt think it would be a major issue unless you are seeing premieres...just make sure u are there with plenty of time!

Reply #163773 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

They already do this for popular movies that are just released, however on every movie? That's just stupid.

Reply #163779 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

its crap, went on tuesday with mate to see movie and they gave us an isle that wasn't even in the cinema as it was, so we ended up sitting where we want kind of. not to mention its only gona cause plenty of complaints from people to the cinemas who run this. oh as for getting split up when cinema is packed, people usually tend to move over if there is room for it aswell, and if your getting there late enough that you don't get to sit together then thats your problem, you know the saying: first in 'best dressed'

Reply #163780 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

we where the only state greaterunion wise not to have it,

dont see and issues with it , rewards those who plan ahead

Reply #163785 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

if the people who plan ahead want good seats then they can get there on time.
I'd say it's working against the cinemas in a way because people get their right before the movie and miss the previews knowing that they already have a seat.
Most annoying thing is the people at the box office dont fill up the best seats first, last time i went the dumb chick had almost the entire back row full while all the good seats were empty.

Reply #163814 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I don't think its necessary as most sessions are no where near capacity and therefore lots of room for people to sit wherever. I don't agree that you should be there really early because people may be busy and have other things they want to squeeze into their time. Stop to think about how much time out of lives are wasted in just waiting around for things, ie, the movies, the bus stop, the restaurant, the bank, the telephone, shop service, petrol bowser on cheap days, etc, the list is endless. The time of your life belongs to you and you have the right to limit the amount of time wasted. In this world of cost cutting, the service is declining and waiting queues are increasing.

Reply #163819 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

One other point, the cost of tickets to the movie are the same wherever you sit, therefore no need to have allocated seats to separate the cheaper seats from the more expensive ones.

Reply #163820 | Report this post

Lachie  
Years ago

why don't you all just let it be and get on with your lives. You can move around once the movie has started and if you don't like the seats allocated to you, tell the box office you'd like something else.

Petty whinging people....

put your time into something more useful, such as promoting happiness and joy in this FESTIVE SEASON!

Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year!

Reply #163835 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

Lachie, piss off.

Reply #163851 | Report this post

Lachie  
Years ago

mature...

Reply #163855 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Lachie, a subject was raised for debate and a debate resulted. Debating this topic in no way suggests that people are not promoting happiness and joy in the festive season. Merry Christmas to you.

Reply #163901 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

not to mention, the cinema people who walk around telling people off will eventually begin to ask people to see ticket to make sure they are in right seat, which will cause commotion during the movie annoying everyone in there

Reply #163910 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Not to mention the 48 dollar munchie bill. Whats a large coke these days...17 dollars?

Reply #163919 | Report this post

Westie  
Years ago

Took my Family to Marion on Boxing Day, Booked the tickets on line and had the exact seats we wanted !

Even Better did not have to line up for an hour prior with 400 others prior to try and secure a good seat only to be left in the front row.

Congrats to Greater Union :) can't wait till Hoyts and the others cinemas get on board.

Cheers

Reply #163974 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754