Anonymous
Years ago

Norwood u12 boys

Does anyone know why half the u12 Norwood div one team is now playing in div 2.

Also they have entered another team in div 3.

Did they just recieve a massive influx of new players or what?

Topic #1404 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt it, the success of clubs is very tightly linked to the facilities of that club in terms of quantity and quality. Think about it......

Reply #16210 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

What do you mean about that anonymous? What are you getting at??

Reply #16220 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

What do you mean about that anonymous? What are you getting at??

Reply #16221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Facilities = a home descent home stadium.

Reply #16223 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Well as far as i know all junior games are still being played at MARS?? Most Norwood teams are now training at St Peters which is above and beyond anything MARS could ever offer. Not to mention the addition of Rupert J Sapwell as the clubs new junior development officer. I wouldnt be suprised to see more quality players crossing to Norwood.

Reply #16235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon,

I'm asking a simple question if you don't know anything about the topic, please don't post on this thread.

As for success being tightly linked with facility, what a joke!

Wouldn't by your theory

Centrals be a strong club?
Noth be a weak club?

Reply #16290 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Anonamous has no idea. Norwood was champion club in 1995 and 1996 and did not not have a legitimate home base; sure, we trained on Sundays at St Bernards, but we didnt have clubrooms and we played all of our 'homers' out at Athol Park. We were also champions again in 2000 (or 2001???) in a similar situations, but replace SB with MARS. And if you'll look at the tables, I'll think you'll find the U14s and U18s in the boys division 1 comps are right up there and the U16s are fighting for a finals spot.

Reply #16303 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Libertine - Club champs in 2000. It's on half of your players uniforms still!!!

Reply #16316 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Joint Club Champs with Sturt I might add.

[Mod: lol]

Reply #16317 | Report this post

cwebb  
Years ago

I would like to add that Norwood Seniors are in the Grand Final for Div 1 Men and Women, Div 2 Men and Women finished top, Div 3 Men and Women are in the GF and Div 4 men are in the finals. Not bad for a homeless club. 7 out of 8 teams in finals. Any other club able to say that?

Reply #16337 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Crickeys, I didn't know it was August/September already.

Reply #16360 | Report this post

just a tool  
Years ago

#16337 yea nah good call. You know whats going on. Good 2 see this shit talk paying off when it counts....

Reply #35883 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:33 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754