AK-47
Years ago

Jazz and Sixers make trade

The Jazz have traded Gordan Giricek and a future first round pick to the 76ers for Kyle Korver.

http://www.nba.com/nba_news/Sixers_Trade_Korver_to_Jazz_fo-250393-32.html

As a Jazz fan im really happy with this trade as i believe Korver can be shooter and a scorer which is something we lack at the 2.

Topic #14046 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Dammit 76'ers - get rid of Miller ASAP... I like Miler - but i want them to give Louis Williams a real audition... Plus Miller is a plyer that many teams on the cusp of real respectability could use...

Reply #164415 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

I think Jazz win out on this trade(for the short term). They need someone who can score and compliment Boozer and Korver can fufill this role. It takes pressure of DWills shoulders.

Reply #164416 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

loving that trade.jazz lost some defence but gain a shooter

Reply #164418 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

They sure as hell need it, coz the Lakers blew em apart yesterday

Reply #164421 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Definitely a good trade for the Jazz.

Reply #164431 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

IMO this trade is a wash, but maybe a slight edge to the 76ers due to the pick.

76ers clear cap space plus Giricek pretty much does what KK does. Giricek also defends which is something KK doesn't do. It also free's up time for Thad as well.

KK will fit in nicely with Boozer and Williams, and gives them a shooter they haven't had since Hornacek. Utah's problems are interior defence. Okur is a terrible center defensively. Boozer also isn't great defensively. They need someone to protect the rim, ala Mark Eaton....

Now it gets interesting... the first round pick is believed to be the pick that originally belongs to the Knicks (from the Googs trade). At the moment it's lottery protected but has no protection in 2010 and there is no chances in hell the knicks make the playoffs in the two seasons. That pick could easily be a No 1 in 2010 (when it has zero protection).

Reply #164434 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754