Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Lakers v Celtics (and those short shorts)

The Lakers lost to the Celtics last night but the big story was that for the first half, they wore the retro short shorts (and what a shame Shaq wasn't with them to make it look even more stupid than it already did). To quote Kobe Bryant, who didn't seem too happy about it:

"I don't know what it feels like to wear a thong, but I imagine it feels something like what we had on in the first half," he said with a grin. "I felt violated. I felt naked. It's one thing to see films with guys wearing those things. & I'd rather stay warm, man."

Champagne comedy. Pure gold. Someone please, tell the 36ers to do this one night ..... not.

Topic #14063 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

"Those in glass houses". I can recall you wearing skimpier shorts than those around the office on hot summer days Mo ... and you weren't wearing bike shorts to protect your modesty !!

Reply #164582 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

The game also involved 6 TECHNICAL FOULS! (i think) amazing!

Reply #164587 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

OMG someone raided Warrick Cappers' wardrobe.....

Reply #164598 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Careful Melvin, or I'll get them out the cupboard again!

Reply #164609 | Report this post

old timer  
Years ago

From memory a former NCT junior got suspended from the club for wearing shorts longer than the club issued ones.

Reply #164611 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Odom suspended out of this game for a hit on Allen

http://www.nba.com/odom_suspended_080101.html

Reply #164657 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754