Anonymous
Years ago

Is Schenscher currently training with the 36ers?

Anybody know?

Topic #14072 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Could be. Was in town with no fixed future plans when I saw him just prior to Christmas. He talked of looking to regain his fitness, so training with the team would help with that.

Reply #164720 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Boti mentioned that he was.

Reply #164734 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Are the sixers training?? Heard they had a non compulsory shooting session Tues and Wed, ideal way to get new recruit settled in prior to a very important game.Nothing new though.

Reply #164736 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ok so IF they do have a 'non compulsory' session on Tuesday and Wednesday - then on the surface that would seem a bit soft by the coach.

However, surely if the playing group is 100% committed to the club AND each other they would be at any training - compulsory or not - Hell Id like to thinnk they would be doing extra stuff at any chance they got! To me this is the underlying issue with the way the Sixers have been over the last season or 2....the players are just going through the motions!
Sure part of the blame must be directed at the coaching staff and the laid back style and the seeming inability to adjust he style....it has worked in the past but just isnt now, but ANY coach is going to be behind the 8 ball when the playing group isnt 100% into playing with each other and to improve as a group. Im sure when Brooks, Mee and Co were playing everyone in the squad would have turned up early for 'non compulsory' practises and worked their arses off!
I seem to remember when Maley and Garrison were brought into the club more for chemistry reasons than flat out basketball talent. Its this chemistry that enables a group of players to become a great team - the old 'sum of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts argument'.

So whats happened? Has the group got sick of the message coming from Phil? Are some of the players not focussed on the team? Have we got some guys in teh group that are lacking passion and just seeing the Sixers as an easy paypacket? Or is the talent in the squad just not good enough? IMO its players like Dusty who you can build a team around....works his arse off - doesnt need his ego stroked and is happy to do the little things to make the team better - coincidence or not that the Sixers have struggled so badly since he departed?

Reply #164740 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

With these public holidays and the heat I am losing the plot a bit. I THINK I heard trained on Monday morning and it was hot. I KNOW I heard Julius Hodge is real good and fits in great. Unusual shot,but it goes in.
Reckon you see a good player and a team player.

Reply #164741 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Quick points - festive season with family-oriented players means that some might really appreciate the opportunity to have a flexible schedule at this time of year; I don't know that Maher and Copeland train every session anyway; recent results have been pretty good and have suggested to me that chemistry is decent right now.

And I'm just guessing, but I'd wonder if star/vets like KB, Mee and so on would be less likely to show for non-compulsory trainings than some of the guys in the team right now some of who would be playing to guarantee contracts next year.

Isn't Wednesday usually their atypical training anyway? (e.g., shooting, but not team? Can't remember.)

Reply #164742 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The last 4 days has seen temperatures above 40 degrees. Would be difficult to train in the heat as I dont think the Dome is all that cool and there are costs involved in running air conditioning in a large venue like that for such a small number of people. Also, Hodge has only been here for 10 days. He came from Italy, to New York to Adelaide. He went from temperatures in the minus figures to 40 plus here. That would take one hell of a getting used to.

When the festive season is truly behind us and temperatures are little milder, I would expect that they would be getting stuck into some serious training.

Reply #164749 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

They were glad to get out of the dome, it was hot, they went for a swim. Hodge first to training and last to leave , hard worker and already has... aw
has already gelled...

Reply #164751 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

It wont be getting much milder in a hurry - lets hope they dont wait for the winter before they start training again

Reply #164766 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Back on topic:
I'm not sure if it's Schencher or not, but there's been a dark haired lad named Marcus who's been extremely impressive. Would that be him?

Reply #164836 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jokes are normally funny.

Reply #164838 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Boti?

Loosen up Isaac.

Reply #164845 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I made a point of walking to (& back from) the Dome to check this rumour out, & YES, I did see Luke Schencher.
Boti's right, Isaac's right, my bad.

Reply #164978 | Report this post

AngelaLansbury  
Years ago

Did you walk or did you get a ride... Its hot today....

Reply #164984 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Walked to & from. 39 degrees is Shopping Centre Mall stuff for me. : )

Reply #164989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heroic.

found a page on the internet about you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_March

can i have your autograph?

Reply #164990 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754