bretts the man
Years ago

Sixers training the heat etc.

Cant believe people saying Sixers having little training due to festive season and heat. Sorry it is a summer sport and is like a aircondioning serviceman etc not wanting to work in the heat. Sixers are coming into crucial times as although we are playing better and Hodge will do better than previous import we are now getting a majority of harder games now as we didnt pick up enough points with easier games in 2007.
It will be a dogfight to get into 8 and above and coach and team sweating it out to build on last few games and not waiting 4-6 weeks for team to gel with Hodge.
It is not the players fault it is a leadership
issue. again it is the main reason many of us are critical of Phil he is totally lazy in all aspects of coaching . Research -- Recruiting
Game plans Training programmes etc etc
Solid planning and hardwork achieve success and Phil is not prepared to do either and it is a huge pity as with Ballinger in huge form Brett getting back and poss. double ouput from import we have a great chance of doing really well

Topic #14075 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Hold on a bit - what's your source that they aren't training because of the heat? I think all that was suggested was that they had a couple of non-compulsory trainings around NYE. With a few players playing after injury (Maher, Davidson) or through injury (Ballinger, maybe Copeland), those are a good opportunity especially for experienced players to work out what they feel they can do.

Reply #164802 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Fine I am glad you are happy Isaac and I am not going to do a DDFan and get into conflict with you.
My last points are re NYE period we normaly playing and we have a new import and surely a modified session to assist those carrying injuries is better than turn up if you feel like it or no practice.
So you think we have same amount of sessions as Goorg , Beveridge or Joyce during season or in this period.
Surely someone that knows Phil and around the club is not going to say he is not lazy.
Steve and him are or were good coaches, they just got slack or bored with it all as many of us are getting bored with Phils coaching . THe declining numbers tell us that and when totally fanatical fans on this site question whether they will continue to renew season tickets. There is 5 in my group that will probably not renew season tickets if Phil continues next year. I have had season tickets since powerhouse opened. Keep us honest mate but keep honest as well

Reply #164806 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I didn't say anything about the number of sessions compared with other coaches, just that the only mention of training sessions and the heat that I've seen came via speculation in another thread.

Reply #164807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have thought with a new import, you would be training as much as possible in order to get him used to the plays etc.....oh hang on my bad, there are no plays.

Reply #164808 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

anon forgets the power of the fist

Reply #164813 | Report this post

sugar  
Years ago

they were compulsory sessions

Reply #164830 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Open PM to Isaac. Without questioning brett the man's cred, would it be worth asking:

1 .. How many players rocked up to these fictional voluntary shooting sessions?

2 .. What the training regime is for Wednesdays?

3 .. His source?

4 .. Why his source doesn't have internet access?

Cheers mate

Reply #164832 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Asking who? Brett the Man, myself, whoever first suggested there were optional sessions, or whoever suggested possible optional sessions could be related to heat?

Wednesdays are often team weights for an hour according to the schedule I have.

Reply #164834 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Posted by Isaac:
"Asking who? Brett the Man?" (abbreviated for clarity)

Yes, & so you know that we're on the same page, we'll ask together of brett the man:

2 .. What the training regime is for Wednesdays?

3 .. His source?

4 .. Why his source doesn't have internet access?

Reply #164837 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You can ask on your own - already made my point earlier.

Reply #164841 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Be a fan , don't be nosey! save that for Boti ;)

Reply #164843 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I'm on your side Isaac, so, brett the man:

2 .. What is the training regime for Wednesdays?

3 .. Who is your source?

4 .. Why hasn't your source got internet access?

Cheers mate

Reply #164848 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

If its true that they arent training it is an absolute joke, they are supposed to be professional athletes. The juniors are made to train most of the time in hot weather and their venues are not air-conditioned.

Reply #164859 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Brett the fool,i know you are not the man unless having no idea of the facts makes you the man.Spoke to the real man Marsy today and he tells me that Phil made them have a team session on Christmas night in Melbourne it was fitness based.Gee i wonder how many other clubs had a session on Christmas day or night?Also told me the training sessions on tuesday or wednesday were not optional you had to attend at least one of those sessions the other was a weights rehabilitation,physio session.Marsy said the session was excellent and involved a solid 45 minute shooting session with some touch work as well.Some of the players who were playing less time went for longer Marsy said everyone said it was exactly what they needed. Julius was in both days working on the offences and the defences with Phil as well as the workout sessions.So Brett the ill informed why dont you just get your facts right from now on.Support the 36ers instead of knocking them with no facts.

Reply #164867 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

the training sessions on tuesday or wednesday were not optional you had to attend at least one of those sessions
So, somewhere between "compulsory" and "both non-compulsory".

Reply #164889 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

DDfan you didnt make sense on the 1st post, so sending it 3 times didnt help - sorry.
Joker dont be a joke calling people names. it is simple mate. ( Bretts The Man ) is because I believe He is the best basketballer our club will ever have and over last few years has kept our win record respectful. How would have been for him to have been playing with Inglis and Newley over last few years rather than getting mauled because he was our only real scorer apart from when Willie decided to turn it on for t v match.
Rather than who knows who and who knows what next time your talking to Mahersy Joker ask him if he would like to play under a new coach next year.
The simple point is not only from me is that Phil is tired and lazy in his role and the najority of fans are tired of his coaching and lack of preperation and our great club is suffering because of it both in results and support. We are close to building a team that can go fwd. I want to see that and see big enthusiastic crowds back . Isaac I respect your support of club from criticsm

Reply #164891 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Posted by bretts the man:
"DDfan you didnt make sense on the 1st post, so sending it 3 times didnt help - sorry."

Don't you be sorry, you clearly don't understand.
I feel for Isaac, in that I sent it 3 times too many. ; )

Reply #164974 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754