twenty four
Years ago

Something I just realised about Hodge....

(And I'm not sure if this had been brought up before, much less if anyone actually cares)...but he was the guy who Chris Paul punched in the groin a couple of years back while they were in college.

Video of it here for those who may not have seen/remember the incident.

Topic #14077 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

a bit off topic, but how is hodge going?? is he fitting in ok wit the team???has anyone seen him at training??? also what type of player is he likely to be is he of the dave thomas, excellent all reound jack of all trades type player or is he more of a scorer like a Farley???

Reply #164860 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

all round player judging from last wednesday's game, he was doing a bit of everything, rebounding, steals, scoring, assists.

Reply #164861 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

twenty four, thats something he can tell his grand kids...or not :P

Reply #164864 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

speaking of grand kids, he mentioned he was keen to get back into nba as only needs one more season for the nba monthly pension chq of $300 x no of seasons.

Reply #164865 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Should be called Lucky Eddie; Punched in the goolies by another player, plugged in a drive by shooting; He's had a rough life.

Reply #164866 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All worth it for that lucrative chance to line up alongside Marcus Ng's current hair style.

Reply #164869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, Marcus is starting to look like a long haired Jacky Chan.

Reply #164872 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Camel31, are you sure that's all the NBA pension is? Doesn't sound like a whole lot considering minimum salary for a player who's been there long enough to get the pension is close to $800k. I suspect their pension contributions would result in far more than $18k per year for a player with 5 years in the league.

Reply #164873 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems a small amount to me, I was surprised when I heard that. Just checked it on hoops sa google search and it says $306.34 x no of seasons is monthly chq.
eligible after 3 seasons, eg magic johnson x 13 seasons = $47,789.04 a year!
does seem low though doesn't it?

Reply #164875 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

also interesting is that i was playing nba live 08, and hes in it, wtf

Reply #164878 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

This article http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2769817

says pre-1965 players get $3500 a month per year of service so it's safe to assume that the current crop of players are on $306 x number of season.

Reply #164910 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Billo, did you mean '...more than... $306 x number of seasons'?

That rate and the 'old timers' rates are not even comparable. Seems to be a nought missing...

Reply #164931 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I read that story 'bout 40 old-timers that had played 3-4 years in NBA and weren't getting pension. One was 85 and broke. It was a special payment for them retro to 2005,now it's 3years to qualify.
The young guys will have about a million at about 65, even at only $300 a month.

Reply #164992 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

XY - yep, missed out "more than" which drastically changed the tone of my sentence!

Back to Hodge, you'll be pleased to know that he had a good game last night, was scoring freely and I was getting quite a few assists. I was sleeping while this was happening.

Reply #164994 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754