Isaac
Years ago

Crocs Music Man fined by NBL

For those of you interested, there's a thread on the OzHoops forum in which the guy who does the music for the Crocs says that the club has been fined $1000 by the NBL for playing "Three Blind Mice" after the referees made a questionable decision against the home team.

What's your view? Justified or too heavy-handed?

Topic #1408 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

That is the most ridiculous fine I have ever heard of. $1000 for playing a nursery rhyme? Please....

Reply #16242 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

how funny would that have been, I think we need more humor at the games. Why dont they just have a laugh?

Reply #16244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have been to a few Wollongong Hawks games in my time and they play that song a lot!!! And have never had and never had any problems...definitly heavy handed!

Reply #16246 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

I think that they should play that song at every junior and senior game in the state!

Reply #16247 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Next they won't be able to play 'Hit the Road Jack' when someone fouls out as they might take offence. This sort of thing is typical of the over policing of society in general, political correctness gone mad. Sounds very dramatical for a basketball game, but its true. What do the refs out there think?

Reply #16248 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

Refs think? What!

Reply #16249 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

One of the refS actually asked me before a game whether i had it to play or not.

Funnily enough he even new the track number on the Patsie Biscoe CD!!

Reply #16253 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

If that is the case then that is very prescious of them to fine $1000 big ones.

It's all in good fun and if the refs don't get insulted than why stop it. It's all about entertainment for the night.

Reply #16295 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I think the story behind the cros fine was the fact that at the next time out, the court announcer also referred to the incident, and then the Croc got out on court and did a skit regarding it as well.

The referee evaluators at the game at that time thought it was a bit much and reported the incident. I think if it had been the music itself, there wouldnt have been an issue.

Music Man may be able to correct me, but even the music guys, and court announc ers are bound by NBL rules in regards to making comments about the refs. Whilst most the time nothing would be done about it, I think a fine might be a bit heavy handed, a warning would have sufficed, but if he broke the rules, live with it, is my opinion.

Reply #16299 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I think its hilarious and would relieve a lot of the frustration associated with bad or missed calls from the refs. In Adelaide we have a constant problem of "travel" calls being missed. I would love Music Man to play the song "I would walk 500 hundred miles" every time that happens. It would turn spectator anger into fun and laughter. They played this song in the Olympic stadium in Sydney when the very last runner of the men's marathon ran in. The atmosphere was so incredible that this guy that came in last got a bigger and louder cheer than the one who ran in first. It all adds to the fun atmosphere.

Reply #16300 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

I am aware that the court side announcer has guidelines and because of what happened in Tville i have asked to get directions for myself

The announcers can not incite the crowd in any way and should try to remain neutral in calling the game

Adelaide's announcer, Neil, has refrained from using "reject" on block shots as a result of this direction from the NBL.

There were a few words he would have liked to have said to Shane Heal believe me but the rules dont allow it.

I beleive this all came about after Goorjian and the announcer in Melbourne got into a "debate" a couple of years back.

Reply #16305 | Report this post

slit your guts  
Years ago

That is classic

Reply #16314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754