Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

Hawks turnaround

Who knew the missing link was the great Trahair ? It's all plain sailing from here on in ...

Topic #14091 | Report this topic

lethal5  
Years ago

Great news for Sixers fans... Hawks beating Breakers!

Sixers & Breakers now both with 10 losses. Pretty sure we have the season series over them in case of an end of minor round tie.

An upset win over the Wildcats would be massive right now. GO SIXERS!!!

Reply #165000 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Trahair - 0 points, 0 rebounds, 4 assists.

Huge impact!

Reply #165002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Very poor result for the Breakers, but exactly what the 36ers need. I had a feeling the Hawks were going to be fired up and went with the Hawks winning, Kavossy hitting more threes than Oscar plus the game total going over (203.5+, silly Centrebet!). I saw on OzHo that someone had $6k riding on the Hawks - gutsy move at $1.98!

Crocs are almost 20 up on the Dragons, and Adelaide need to knock one of Townsville or NZ out of the eight to sneak in. Big chance coming up if they can take down the Cats.

The other threat are the Pigs who are favourites to get the Breakers tomorrow. If they win that and Adelaide lose, they'll be one win up; Adelaide, however, have the series against the Pigs.

Reply #165006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice all-round game from Kavossy Franklin

25 points (53% FG including 3/4 from the arc)
8 rebounds
8 assists
1 steal

Reply #165010 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Come now, Lethal. Sir Aaron's impact isn't seen in mere numbers !! It's the "vibe" ... and I'm betting those 4 assists were the SWEETEST assists you'd ever see in your life ...

Reply #165011 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

The Hawks shot the lights out!..60 or so % in all 3 catergories-FT, 3PT and FG.

Kavossy had a nice game as did Kirk Penney(30 points,6/8 from beyond the arc)

Oriene Greene sure is struggling to adapt to the playing stlye. He scored 10 points last night, but committed 4 fouls and 5 turnovers and was 0/5 from 3 point land.

Reply #165021 | Report this post

Hawks are Cooking  
Years ago

I'm most impressed with Eric Cooks as an NBL coach, he is getting career years out of a number of players.

Last night it was Cam Rigby's turn with 5/6 three's for a career high 25 points.

Hawk Players this year in that have had career highs in scoring:

Tragargh
Rigby
Tait
Kench
Davidson
Philip

Reply #165032 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Not hard to get career numbers when your previous best was like 2points ;) All just a bunch of bench players who have no option but to play extended minutes

Reply #165038 | Report this post

Hawks are Cooking  
Years ago

Only Tragargh is getting 'extended' minutes compared to the previous year so your point Nino is completely wrong.

Rigby is averaging 2 less minutes than the previous season

Davidson is averaging only 2 more minutes than the previous season

Kench is averaging only 2 more minutes than the previous season

Campbell is having his second best year ever and is averaging less minutes than the previous 5 years

Only two players have really had 'extended' minutes in Tragardh from 16 to 32 and Tait who only played the first 8 games and is out for the year increased his minutes by 7 a game.

Both are/were having their best years by a country mile.

They are not bench players when you average 18 & 9 like Tragardh

Reply #165041 | Report this post

Hawks are Cooking  
Years ago

or Taits 12 & 5 assists.

I would take the Aussies at the Hawks over the Sixers anyday - including Maher - who hasn't completed a full season this millineum.

The Hawks are younger, hungrier and better coached.

Reply #165042 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Guess I'm just trying to make the point the guys on the Hawks roster bar Kavossy, are generally consider crappy players. Seems obvious considering just how 'amazing' every player seems to be playing this year, yet they wont get close to the playoffs. Im more than happy for you to pick against Brett Maher, no need to explain why...

Reply #165043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

add jackson in career points even though hes a rookie, hes had some great games at the start of the year, not so much now that his minutes have dropped off now

Reply #165045 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

what rubbish there is no way Cook is a better coach than smyth. Totally agree with Nino they are getting season highs as they are playing more minutes at the gong as they are all rejects that no one else wanted, they would be getting paid so little including the coach.

Cooks hasnt got a clue, the reason they won is that they shot the ball amazingly for once, remove kavossy and they would never win a game.

Kavossy he is an absolute gun and the Dragons must be so pissed off letting him go and replacing him with Groves lol

Reply #165051 | Report this post

Hawks are Cooking  
Years ago

Hmmmm....is nino = db??.
Didn't I just show you that they are not getting extra minutes??

Where would the Sixers be if they didn't offer the big cheque to Ballinger?? Slingerish record no doubt. Add Ballinger to the Hawks as the 2nd import and we are a top four side.
Thats the difference!!

I would in a heartbeat take Tragardh over Maher - Cam T has 10 years ahead of him, Maher has half an injury plagued season left

I would take Kench over Burdon, Sutton, he's too strong and is a far better player

I would take L.Davidson over Cooper.
More versatility on offense. Cooper is shockingly mediocre player.

Cam Rigby over Mottram.
Less injuries and can shoot the ball pass 3 feet.

I would take Tait over Davison. Same numbers.
Davison has another half a season left. Tait has another 6 plus years.

I would take Cooks over Smyth any day, week, month of the year. Why don't the Sixers get a cardboard cut out of Smyth with his legs crossed for trainings and games.

At least Cooks would DEVELOP players and RECRUIT the best players available.

Cooks is a better coach.

Reply #165062 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Maher wins championships.....PERIOD!

Good luck supporting that Hawks team. Especially next season without Kavossy Franklin. Nothing else left to say about this stuff. Your argument is a bit erratic an weak. Hawks haven't been decent to watch since the had CT and that pesky Lowery.

Reply #165081 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Hawks are Cooking, the point you're missing is that most of the roster weren't used elsewhere as main man players. I'll use Cam Rigby as an example. Back in his time with the Cannons, he came off the bench. He had his strengths, but wasn't used a great deal as a scoring focus. A shame really, because he was amazingly efficient, did the hard stuff, & could shoot (even back then), but wasn't given the ball like he is now. You can credit Cooks if you like for his development, but Cam's always had the talent, he just wasn't utilised as much, in the more talented rosters.

Reply #165089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh DDfan,
and you know everything about basketball, it is just that the basketball people in this Forum do not understand your point of view, or your crappy jokes.

Reply #165098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nino you have no idea mate. I realise that there is no guaramtee the hawks will even be in the leaguu next year but when u say "Good luck supporting that Hawks team. Especially next season without Kavossy Franklin" it shows how little idea u have. Kavossy is on a 2 year deal. Therefore if the hawks are still around then we will enjoy watching Kavossy again next season.

Reply #165217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks are in a development phase.
You can't loose 8 players and have a new NBL coach and expect a top 4 finish with out a second import.

Some posts above that comment re Cookie and the players are correct and some absolutely dumb.

The difference I think is that the above comments are mising each others point of view is arround the following points.

A/36ers on paper at the start of the season where the better team. -Yes at the start of the year I agred

B/The group in Cookies army at the Hawks, most bar Campbell/Kavosy were not wanted as starters by any team proir to the Hawks.

In most cases their time on court has not increased greatly bar Trags and yes in the various games every one has had a breakout game highs.

The diffrence betwen the Hawks and the 36ers is Phil's and Cooks coaching and their selection of players for the season.

The Hawks after 12 year stint with tyranical BJ has come out this season, with what the Hawks previously did not have. Team Chemistry and team Heart.
They have firstly trained their hearts out and then transfered it to the cour, despite possibly loosing the chance to be in the 8, due to injury and finding a good 2nd import.

The 36ers after having got the best forward import in teh league -Ballinger( from the Hawks, under Phil have done what.
I'll let 36er fans tell you that.
But one thing they appear not to have is team checmistry.

Which is the better coach technically I don't care,

I love to watch a team that battles it out with effort and guts despite all situations and hardships.
Win or loose having gave it a go.

Go the Hawks( Mathematically you still can make the 8 if they continue to beleive)

Reply #165221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754