Anonymous
Years ago

South Dragons: recent form

In the last two games the stats look like this

Dragons guards 15 assists, 28 turnovers
Opposition guards 41 assists, 25 turnovers

Dragons 76 rebounds ( 27 offensive)
Oppostion 106 rebounds ( 41 offensive)

these stats just arent gonna get it done especially when you give up 255 points in 2 games!!

Topic #14102 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

They just Suck. Thats all to it.

Reply #165198 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I was at the game. Jingles sux. Heal sux. Holmes sucked. Grove sucked. Hendix sux.

Ebi should get the hummer imo. Easily the best player in the league atm.

Reply #165202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too bad, so sad

Reply #165210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The sad thing is that you can clearly see Ebi is playing for a Hummer and Anstey is playing for a championship, that is why Anstey is by far the league MVP.

Reply #165215 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

How does one play for the MVP Title and one play for a Championship?

Reply #165222 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

I think Jingles is a great player, no question about it. This kid has game. But don't you think he is overrated at times? Do you really think he is an NBA Prospect? He has some flaws in his game, that i have noticed over the past few weeks

Personally, I think people are forgetting the standard of the NBA. IMO, If J.Ingles can play NBA, then ALOT of other players in the NBL can too(Ballinger,Ere,Worthington,Hinson and Corey Williams)

Reply #165224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jingles plays no D at all, he is lead by Heal who plays when he wants to for 2 slides and that is it. Constantly going under screens in this league will have 3's rain down you each week.

No rebounds, no wins !!!!! Horvath was lambasted by a lot of folk, however where is his work ethic in Holmes, Jingles Hendrix ?

I am sure that someone is telling Jingles and Holmes that they have to defend, how does Jingles think he will get a Boomers spot if the guy who is coaching is a defensive nut ?

Fate in their own hands boys, not Heal, not the Dragons, not anyone except them. Do they think they will get a contract anywhere else if the do not defend ?

Reply #165226 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

No chanceIngles will play NBA. I doubt he should even be considered for Beijing. Sure, he is tall and long, but he isnt that quick. He couldn't contain CJ or Adam Gibson last night. Both of them beat him off the first step.

Also, In a game where no-one was making anything happen, how can an NBA-prospect/Boomer go for 5 points? Ridiculous.

Reply #165232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u effing idiots.

INgles goes under screens cos thats the teams instructions. Regardless of whether u agree with it or not, thats not his fault.

He is actually one of the only guys in that team that does attempt to play D

Fact is, he has improved points per game, rebounds and assists and is an NBA draft prospect.

Sure he has things he needs to to work on, but name one player in the NBL who doesnt.

You would be singing his praises if he was playing here and if the club hadnt stuffed up he probably would be.

Reply #165243 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

no doubt the kid has got talent, however he is not NBA material and he should not make the Australian team for Beijing.

He needs to improve his defence and also his speed. No doubt thought there is a lot of potential and in time subject to how he responds he will make boomers team post olympics.

Reply #165248 | Report this post

Bradfan  
Years ago

Re Ingles - he still needs development. Whereas Goorj tends to hold them back too long (eg Tovey, Barlow) maybe Ingles was given too much latitude too soon. Do you need to be the face of a club at only 20? Still needs guidance and lots of really good coaching. ????Heal???
Seems that so many Aussie basketball followers of late like to get stuck into the young guys - the U25's who are still developing their game - Ingles, Worthington, Barlow, Robbins, Loughton, Tragardh to name a few. They will all have bad games, make mistakes, just like the more experienced guys do. They also sometimes have great games which need to be acknowledged but not dwelt on.
I'm a Kings fan, but I admire all these young guys who are starring in our league. Barlow has just come back from his 2nd knee reco and he's having a great season - wish he was still a King. Everyone gave Kendall a year's grace when he came back!
Let's support rather than trash - that's all I'm trying to say!

Reply #165249 | Report this post

Bradfan  
Years ago

Be interesting to see who stays and who goes at the Dragons. By all accounts they were absolutely TERRIBLE both games at the weekend. Radio commentators at Townsville sure weren't complimentary. Maybe 36ers might be able to lure Ingles back home?? Have heard a rumour that he's keen on the Tigers - quite a close friendship with one of the coaches there! Does anyone know if he's out of contract? Have been told that Martin HATES Heal, also hates Ingles so team spirit is obviously low. Time to dust off the cheque books maybe???

Reply #165254 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Anon #165243 - r u Jingles father??

Reply #165265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RMM, No i am his father. It all comes around when you review why he is there, and the fact that he has achieved. What all need to remember is that he is 20, and has supassed alot of expectations applied to him.
Stop bagging guys, as you are not in this position, and probably could not get there.

Regards Joes Dad

Reply #165328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #165337 | Report this post

MR  
Years ago

I too think Joe Ingles is bad, he is an unco left hander that makes the game look ugly. I dont understand how he could ever be considered a NBA prospect. He had been handed a perfect opportunity from coach Heal to take over games seeing as though nothing else for the Dragons has'nt worked and he still cannot score double figures consistantly. Very, very average indeed

Reply #165338 | Report this post

MR  
Years ago

Does anyone know what sort of money Igles would be on from the Dragons??

Reply #165339 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You have got to be kidding me?

Ingles, aged all of 20 years, has scored in double figures in 17 of 21 games this season. He's averaging 16, 6 and 5 which is great considering he's in just his second year in the league.

He's playing less minutes than Brett Maher (as a quick statistical comparison to someone that people rate highly) and his stats are not dissimilar (beating him on the boards, in assists, steals and blocks, and is a couple of points per game off him in scoring).

He's easily leading the team in assists despite playing with Heal, Groves, Martin and Shanahan who should all be distributing.

"bad", "unco", "very, very average" - ridiculous.

The Dragons have major problems this year, but I don't think I'm being biased towards the SA components in saying that I doubt Ingles and Holmes are part of the problem.

Reply #165343 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Ingles and Holmes are the single shining lights of this season and I see them play a LOT. I don't follow enough of the NBA to know about whether Joe fits there (probably not) but he is sure as hell legitimate in this league. As for Jacob, jesus, the guy works his arse off non-stop. Both of them play as good a D as they can when NONE of their teammates (including the "Coach") help or even cope on their own.

The Dragons problems lie squarely on one persons head and it may be put on the block sooner rather than later.

The rumblings are beginning.

THIS from someone who watches ALL of their games. Not just a couple of shockers.

Reply #165347 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

I think the conlcusion is that Ingles has a bright future in the NBL or in Europe, but will not have a career in the NBA.

Reply #165363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe will make it to the NBA and when he does I will post a MASSIVE THREAD of laughter for all of you no hopers who posted ridiculous things about him. Seriously just leave him alone. He has proved himself again this year, despite all the 'second year blues' articles and comments.

Reply #165934 | Report this post

MR  
Years ago

i may have got a little carried away earlier when i really took to Jingles, i guess i just dont like his style all that much and i had a dig.
He plays some solid ball for the NBl but he can never be considered for the NBA...never ever ever!!
I believe when Cortez gets it going he is the best player in the NBL to watch...

Reply #166068 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:08 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754