Nathan
Years ago

Let's get Pippen!

Ok, just read that a 42 yr old Scottie Pippen is playing in finland....
What would it mean to the league here if he came to town?
Its a HUGE long-shot but the club that shells out for his services would benefit massive, as would the league as a whole.

I'm not saying offer him a 5 yr contract... but if we are to give our captain a final fling and the chance to run with a bull, we should do it.

Topic #14105 | Report this topic

Joe M  
Years ago

oh FFS - this tops the list of stupidity.

Reply #165228 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Probably the only ex-bull you'd have a chance of getting is Scott Skiles ..

Reply #165230 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Could try and track down JoJo English...

Reply #165236 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

or Luke Schensher

Reply #165242 | Report this post

Umm  
Years ago

Pippen actually played in Pero Vasiljevic's team. The Dragons. Isnt it in Sweden though??

Reply #165252 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

I thought Pip played in Finland... If you are gonna get someone to play a guest flunky - get someone with real clout (i am probably going to get flamed for this) - not Scottie Pippen, who was a very decent player - but not a guy who people really had any particular interest in as a personality... Compared to Rodman, Reggie Miller (might be one of the most bipolar NBA players ever!!!), guys who had lesser or different talents - but were not sulking, moody, tools... Pip was a great player (top 50 all time - hah (but that's not on me)) - but bah..

Reply #165255 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Lets get real ! and get off the drugs .

Reply #165258 | Report this post

HeadacheScottie?  
Years ago

First things first. Scottie Pippen was a little more than a "decent player" can we at least acknowlegde that much?

Secondly, as possibly one of the biggest Pippen fans on Earth not even I think that this is a good idea.

We need a team that's worth watching because they are contending for a championship not because they have a former NBA star who best playing days were in the last decade.

Reply #165260 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

I said he was a "very decent player" - but no way known should he be among the 50 greatest imho... Plus his brain explosions go a long way to muddying his legacy...

Reply #165289 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754