Five first years

Reply #165277 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

u20s men state team. reserves ?

Reply #165288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hope there are a few mistakes there , because if not SA is going to get thumped ....

Reply #165291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't reece playing div 2 at forestville? or am i mistaken?

Reply #165304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what happen to sam from north miss out bad luck it is about time he missed out overrated

Reply #165307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reece is under 20's div 1

he didn't even make state in under 18's as a second year and he makes it as a first year 20's i am proud

Job Reece!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #165308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are peoples tips on who will get medals?
i reckon gold WA, silver VIC and Bronze Qld..

Reply #165311 | Report this post

not SA Reece Turner cmon surely he wont hit the floor!

Reply #165315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These boys have trained extremely hard and they have all given 100%. Regardless if they are first years or second years they deserve their spot in the team. Many of these boys have now had the experience of playing overseas in the recent sasi tour so they have matured on and off the court. Some players have been overlooked in the past and have now been given the opportunitity that they deserve. Well done to them!!

There is alot of determination and heart in this team so they will do very well at the nationals.

Good Luck...

Reply #165348 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

No, they will not do very well at Nationals. Not at all. Good Luck though.

Reply #165365 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Does Warrick play for Norwood?

Reply #165371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Hemmings ? Did he try out or is he too old or no form ?

Reply #165374 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

I don't think Hemmings lives in SA anymore

Reply #165376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow love your 'state pride' jimmy, good to see that you are supporting our young boys as they represent the state!!!

Well if the best boys were selected for the team and you don't think they will do very well, you must be saying that the talent in SA is no good. Therefore I suggest that you get out there and change the current talent level. If this you are not capable of this I then suggest that you support the team in thier quest for gold....

Reply #165405 | Report this post

Eagle 35  
Years ago

2 years ago metro finished 9th and country 13th. Would suggest that a medal is a long shot.

But, all the best, I hope that they do well.

Reply #165413 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

also 2 years ago almost half the team were different

Reply #165424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

seems to be a good all round team, kurtis from west is not to bad but his body will get a hammering from the big guys interstate. what happened to the other big west guy josh? is he injured or is it not being at sasi again the reason only certain players made the grade. still we wish them all the luck in the world.

Reply #165445 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

I wished them good luck, and I truly hope they prove me wrong and bring home the gold medal. However, in my opinion, they will not do very well. And unless a certain Forestville guard has improved DRAMATICALLY since the last time I saw him play, then I don't think the best boys were selected for the team. (Hint: I'm not talking about Harvey)

P.S. Anonymous: I do coach at a junior level, so I like to think that I am out there doing my bit to change the current talent level.

Reply #165453 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Hemmings has a life.

Reply #165476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hemmings didn't have a life as a hoop player,

He was a wannabe thug.

Reply #165517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jimmy, just because you coach at a junior level doesn't mean your improving the basketball but I give you credit that you are involved. All the players in the team have developed amazingly especially those who have just returned from overseas, like i said it was a excellent opportunity and these boys have matured as players and as people. The team was selected on an overall basis and thier ability at trials and trainings were heavily weighted so unless you saw every training and watched the boys every week, I don't believe your comments have any merit...
I think you should vocally support the boys insteed of putting them down. Especially if they were to read these comments, how do you think that will effect thier confidence. If you have any further issues, contact the coaching staff, im sure they would love your input....

Go boys, do us proud!!!

Reply #165571 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

anon - there's a difference between supporting the team and being realistic -I don't see anything wrong with what Jimmy said.
I'm similar with the 6ers - I want them to take the title, but realistically, they aren't even going to make finals ... a few words on a random bball forum isn't going to change the results or really affect anyones confidence.

Reply #165573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Krake and Sam Harding unlucky to get a spot? Although I did hear Krake didn't even try out, anyone else hear that or know why?

Reply #165868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he was at first stage of trials not sure what happened after that

Reply #165871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jimmy being a Southern coach holds no credibility.

Reply #165873 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Have you noticed that for all the criticism, no-one has suggested any alternatives (apart from Chief)? Maybe guys are just angry at how weak SA basketball is looking ...

Reply #166175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

josh has been unable train or play for around 2 months now has had some issues with his breathing

Reply #166186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh should have been there but he is not sasi. Would have been better than cheif. He has been not well for a while and has ot played for west for awhile. Should be back in the next few weeks

Reply #166287 | Report this post

You are kidding right about Hubbard???
He is a div 2 player at best, nice kid, but no talent what so ever.
Think the team they picked is well rounded and solid in all positions, having said that Chief probably unlucky as it seems they have only taken 1 actual big.
Best of luck to them.

Reply #166295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats harsh knowledge is power, he is far better than a div 2 junior player!!!! has proved this over many years!!! I know he would admit himself that he's not the most talented player going around, however he does make up for lack of talent by working extremely hard!!
hopefully he can get back on the pine soon

Reply #188691 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:47 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754