Isaac
Years ago

Before the Game: 36ers vs Kings

Still a while before the game this Saturday, but it's been a quiet start to the week in terms of new topics, so why not kick things off early.

Adelaide vs Sydney at the Dome. First home game of 2008. Kings are 18-2. Adelaide are 9-11 and two wins behind any side that's currently in the eight.

Can they get it done? Key match-ups? Your tip?

Topic #14114 | Report this topic

hooked  
Years ago

I think we will get a reasonable crowd at this game.
I haven't attended in a few years, after being a season ticket holder in the glory days, but i must say this game actually excites me!! a chance to see hodge at home and see how he interacts with the crowd, looking forward to it..
can we win maybe, we'll certainly be the underdog!

Reply #165383 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The Kings are due for a loss and we did have a great 2nd half against the last time carrying Chapell.

If they have a bad shooting night and we play at our best then we can get it done

BUT

Goorj will be well prepared and it will take 3 or 4 players from the Kings to all have a bad game at the same time for us to compete

Reply #165394 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Going to be very tough. I can picture an Adelaide comeback with the crowd cheering so loudly at the end of the 4th while Brett Maher hits the game winning shot. - If only

But in reality I think the kings will wn by 10

Reply #165398 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

They are just too strong at the moment and although nobody is unbeatable, it would take a supreme effort from the Sixers to get this one. As Kent pointed out, they have too many in form players for them all to have a bad night.

The King's defence will hold us to a score less than 90 and I don't think we can hold them below 100. The second half revival we had last time we played them, was more a case of reduced defensive effort on their part - not really enough to cause an upset.

Just for the sake of it - I am tipping Hodge to go off in his first home game for a triple double - 30, 10 and 10...........but, Kings by 10

Reply #165404 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I reckon Hodge on Wortho will be a great match up

Reply #165439 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I reckon the refs will have a lot say about the outcome of this one.

Reply #165462 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

This will be the third game of the season I get to see. My first look at Hodge. I am looking forward to a great game.

Crowd to break the 5k.

Reply #165483 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Message to Smyth: PLEASE don't play that zone defence that saw us destroyed for a half last time we matched up on them!

Reply #165494 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It feels a little bit like the start of a new season.
Its been ages since our last home game and we have a new import that everyone wants to see.
Im excited!

Reply #165519 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754