Isaac
Years ago

NBL Championship: Has your tip changed?

Wondering who people are picking as the likely winner at this stage?

Kings are top. Melbourne have DT back. Brisbane have Mackinnon in the side now and just thrashed the Dragons.

Before the season, I thought it was a three horse race, that Melbourne would have to be the favourites and backed the Kings at reasonable odds. Right now, I'm wondering if the Bullets won't be able to take care of Sydney in a series and if Melbourne might lack a clutch shooter from outside?

Topic #14115 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Im still sticking with Brisbane. With the roughie to be Perth. Redhage will get his citizenship this week and the Wildcats are looking to bring in another Import.

Reply #165384 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

my tip Brisbane has not changed, Brisbane all the way .Still think they have enough fire power to take 3 games of either sydney and melbourne if they can get to the finals. Injuries a big key with this lot!!
All fit and healthy i rekn there gonna do some damage, they are almost unbeatable at home but a bit suspect away this season...

Reply #165385 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

please tell me your kidding me skip?

Reply #165386 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Not kidding at all

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=16&ContentID=53388

Reply #165387 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, had just posted that as a new topic. They could be dangerous enough now if they get maybe a point guard or strong scoring guard.

The reason I rate Brisbane is that they have two very clutch scorers in CJ and Ebi. Not as confident of the Kings or Tigers guards come crunchtime.

Reply #165388 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

Unfortunately, I can see Boy George's team going all the way again this season.

Reply #165393 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I sure hope the tigers win, but I agree with Isaac as they don't really have a clutch shooter like CJ and Ebi. Expect Lampley to be big come finals time.

Perth as skip said, will be a suprise packet if their new import performs well. I think cairns will implode. With hawkins out, I doubt Gold coast will be able to do any damage even with their new import. Expect the top 4 on the ladder to be same as last year > Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth

Geez it's close from 4th to 8th with only 6% separating 5 teams.

Reply #165408 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

With the finals series is it
a. 1v2 3v4 etc or
b. 1v8 2v7 etc?

I still think it will be a Brisbane Perth GF.

Reply #165484 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

A Brisbane-Sydney final would be great. It would be great to see CJ line up against his old side in such a big series. It would be great to see two serious MVP candidates in Ebi Ere and Wortho to go head-to-head.

My tip for the NBL championship is Brisbane especially now that Sammy Mac is coming back. The bullets just have so many quality players in Sammy Mac, CJ,Ebi , Boucher and Bradshaw. All have played in FIBA Comps and FIBA World Champs and all have experience.

Reply #165615 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754