James W
Years ago

Mark Worthington has NO GAME

the Sixers did what no one else has done this season...

Expose the fact that Worthington has no game apart from an admittedly nice 3 point shot.

Did anyone watch him while Sydney were on offence? he did dick all...except wait on the perimeter for the ball to come to him.

it's possible that Goorjian encourages this as they were probably not coming in counting on a fired up Adelaide team...however it is hilarious to me that for a player who is being bandied about as MVP potential, and is in the Boomers squed, he has bugger all to offer a team beyond a 3 point shot.

think of him as a Sydney version of Oscar Forman...that's basically all he is, and Adelaide are the first team in 3 seasons to expose it to the rest of the league. I just hope other teams take notice.

Flame me if you like, but it's true...watch his next game if you have any doubt. He should have a word to Sam McKinnon....in that if you don't expand your game, you're never gonna reach your potential.

Topic #14185 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

agrree.

Reply #166400 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

What the hell are you on about! The guy scores 27 points at 60% and you say he has no game! You are an idiot and obviously have no understanding about the game. The guy is almost unstopable at times and is a brilliant player that knows how to milk the fouls. The only thing I dont like about him is that he is precious in that he always gets to the line by drawing the contact but when opponents do it to him he complains non stop.

Reply #166405 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

I hope you dont mind if I refine your thoughts a little? Mark Worthington has no game WITHOUT the ball in his hands. He can get to the rack, he can shoot, he just can't find anything to off ball.

Reply #166407 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

Yeh off the ball he was exposed a bit tonight, but still when he gets the ball in his hands and is one on one, almost unstopable in this league. However i do beleive SUPER COOP blocked him on a drive tonight which was sweet lol.

Reply #166410 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

A little exaggerated methinks. Sure, he's not great off the ball, but when you can hit pressure outside shots with your feet set like he can, saying he has "no game" and comparing him with Oscar Forman is laughable. He's dangerous down low as well - although he doesn't bother to get down there as much as he should.

Reply #166411 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

KingJames, just because you don't like my opinion I'll thank you to stop making comments on how much basketball knowledge I have.

I was at the match tonight, and I've watched Kings games on 9 or Foxtel this season, my opinion is not based solely on tonight. 27 points at some percentage doesn't equal "game". Game is providing opportunities for your team mates, playing good and smart defense (note: good defense isn't just pressuring the ball carrier until they cough up, which is seemingly the Sydney style).

Harvard 1500, I think you're right...without the ball in his hands, he is nothing...he does nothing to help his team mates get buckets, and KingJames, if he does get to the hoop, what do you expect? the guy is 6'8, he can just barge through LeBron style and pickup the foul.

Reply #166416 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wow, I wish I had NO GAME.

Reply #166420 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

We can we pick up scrubs like Worthington for next season???? I loved a guy with his lack of game playing for us.

Reply #166428 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

It would take me about one game to stop disliking him if he played for the Sixers.

But it would take less than one second to decide to sign him up if he was in the offering.

Reply #166431 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

James W - seeing as your game is taking ill informed , low percentage pot shots at players who could drop a burger bigger than you i would suggest shutting your pie hole , giving your mum a kiss goodnight and crawling into your sesame street bed .

Reply #166435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the end of the day, the team with the most points wins. So I think if you have to have a shooter/scorer helps. Takes the pressure of the "defensive" players

Jame W:
"Game is providing opportunities for your team mates, playing good and smart defense"

That sounds a lot like a guy the sixers recently gave a plane ticket to

Reply #166436 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I was more concerned about how Crosswhite played. Returned to his college days and been sampling the local product, maybe ?

Reply #166440 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Worthington is a bit of a whiner, but contributes well. I'd sign him any day. Completely different style of game to Oscar and easily the next tier or two up.

The concern for the Kings was Hinder, IMO. Was in the last Boomers squad but what did he contribute last night? Not a whole lot at all.

Reply #166458 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

Gold - first time in three seasons he didnt completely rip us a new one and he has no game.
Considering he carried them, that is a fairly silly statement.
Great watching Stinkington go head to head with Balls in the block. They just went at it.
Sav seems to be going into early retirement mode though.

Reply #166459 | Report this post

I doubt he would be playing NBL if he didnt have any game.

Reply #166486 | Report this post

Years ago

I think Ian Crosswhite is the overrated one myself.

As for Worthington, he's good in the NBL, but I don't think he's got the potential to be anything fantastic in International competition, or ever make the NBA.

Reply #166617 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

if Mark Worthington has no game? who do you think the boomers should have instead of him?

Reply #166851 | Report this post

Ole  
Years ago

I think a big concern for Wortho is his consistency. He had a huge impact for the Kings in the early part of the season, but now seems to be off the boil a tad. Despite the fact I am a kings fan, I believe he is prone to tantrum throwing. I would hope that Goorj is on his case and in his face to get him back to his best for the play-offs.

Reply #167061 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Speaking of new-Boomers, I saw Barlow play live the other night against the Pigs. Honestly, not impressed whatsoever. I know he went 15-15 or something like this year, but his defence was lazy, often reached, hacked and wasted fouls, was ineffective on offense, never look a serious threat. Admittedly, he hit some shots late in the 4th and finished with 10, but if you knew nothing about the players, you'd never guess he was a Boomer.

Whilst Tigers won, they were very lucky to do it. Pigs were impressive, team of work-horses who's full court press scared the Tigers who struggled to score. And few home-town calls and last minute 'lucky' shots bailed Tigers out of an overall embarassing game.

Reply #167069 | Report this post

RaWwWwR  
Years ago

I think mark worthington is an amazing player and saying he has no game is stupid! Seeing as how he's had a pretty good season and single handedly carried the Kings to a win against melbourne for the grandfinals. With 35 points to his name im pretty sure you'd call that game! Besides he's hotter then you'll ever be :P

Reply #176888 | Report this post

SydneyKings22  
Years ago

What are you all talking about?
Wortho is one of the best players in the NBL.
He dropped 35 in game one, he hitt a mass 3 against the Tigers.
Wortho def has game and is extremely good looking.
Hes a legend!
If he didn't have any game, how is he in the NBL and in the Boomers?
Don't tell give me crap... like because Goorjians the coach because thats pathetic.

Reply #193726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754