Anonymous
Years ago

Really Good Crowds in NBL This Week

There have been so many good crowds this week. Melbourne sold out their 3,500 seat stadium which they dont do that often. The Sixers had 5,700 fans on had to witness the thrashing of the Sydney Sooks. Townsville got 4,500 to their game at The Swamp (their crowd are normally good) and the Wildcats had only 200 empty seats as they got 4300 to their game. Good to see some healthy numbers, especially the Sixers crowd.

Topic #14197 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

sixers venue holds alot more then the oters i just noticed. :D

Reply #166496 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Brisbane soldout last night also

Reply #166497 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Sydney had their best crowd of the season against Melbourne last week, it was a good game in the end and very loud. (Sixers should try and get the crowd more involved if they can, make it louder)

Reply #166524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are you serious 123abc? were you even at the game last night? I've just booked a doctors appointment to see him about what left of my eardrums!!

Reply #166525 | Report this post

Years ago

Slingers had a big crowd tonite. It says on the Box score 3000 but i was there, there were around 4000.
Massive Game. Slingers Won. Home Crowd was good finally. Watch out. I think the Slingers are starting to come.They should Follow Through to next season.

Reply #166590 | Report this post

Murray  
Years ago

#51 I like your thinking! Crowd was getting into to it? How is the whole match night package- do they have a programme book? music? cool intros? and finally- national anthem (which one?)

Reply #166599 | Report this post

Murray - on february 13 somebody will shoot during the half time for SGD 1 Million , so come and see !

Ok, compared to eg the Dragons there is still much that can be improved but certainly mostly it is a question of money . The music man is realy doing a good job this year, the announcer too . The progam book is as good as anywhere and the dancers are learning . Lots of shooting for prizes , lucky door prices , involvement of local community people - and a real hit is the regular competition with the remote controlled cars !

The players and the coach are very accessible and after the match all the players and the coaches stay on the court and are swamped by kids and parents for photos and signatures.What is the situation with the 36ers these days ?

Reply #166603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to hear the Slingers pulling crowds in. Now all they need to do is build a decent roster for next year and start winning some games. Go Slingers!

Reply #166618 | Report this post

Re Slingers .By the way one of the sponsors have made a a number of small commercials - promotional videos for the team. You may like to see one of them " slingers' round the island " on www.slinghd.com. this week they also launched another exclusively focusing on the life and dreams of Mike Helms.

The Slingers have already started to work on the team combination for next year and the word from Bob Turner is that they will increase the experience level . There is talk about a PG and upto 3 more experienced players as part of the team .

Reply #166648 | Report this post

#51 seems to be right with the numbers re last nights Slingers match .

Just got told the official number of paying people were 4011 - plus as usual there were a big big group of freebies mainly school kids .

Reply #166660 | Report this post

Murray  
Years ago

It is looking good for the franchise- let's be honest, they have been competitive for over 35-40 mins in the majority of games this season, and had they been able to play a few more consistent games- the playoffs would not have been a far cry- i love the accessibility (defence wins games stated) i think it is vital for any club- the players cannot hide away from the fans (no fans- no team- no players- no money!) and all credit to the slingers!

Reply #166913 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754