Anonymous
Years ago

Isiah Thomas - What does he do?

I don't know very much about all thats going on in NYC but what are the things that Thomas has done which have sparked huge protests in streets etc...?

Topic #14199 | Report this topic

rotate on this  
Years ago

Infuriates one of the worlds biggest sporting cities .
Sexually harrasses staff member .
Travels further away from planet reality than any man before him .
Thinks he is doing a good job .
Makes a whore out of luxury tax .
Masquerades as a basketball coach .

Reply #166530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow, thats a pretty good answer. thanks rotate.

Reply #166537 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Also resembled Dori from Finding Nemo!

Reply #166542 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

He fails.

Reply #166553 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

He screwed up, simple as that. Not just once, or twice, he screwed up, that includes past, present and future.

Reply #166580 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Hope this quote from Isiah clears everything up. It did for me:

'We need to build a culture here. We need to build a foundation. That's our job, that's this group's job,' Thomas said before the game. 'I've tried to put it in terms, I've told them we're kind of the concrete layers, we're the cement layers. When you move into your house, the guy who poured the concrete never really gets a chance to live in that beautiful house that he built. And our job right now is to make sure that we lay the concrete and we lay it correctly.'

Do you lay concrete or pour it? Perhaps that is the problem.
Anyway, I´ve got a hunch that they will do well when it comes time to lay the bricks.

Reply #166584 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

hmm i dunno bout u ppl but me personally his absolute SHIT managing and coaching of the knicks is over shadowing his dominance and greatness as a player... isiah just fire urself before u lose any legacy u once had!

Reply #166611 | Report this post

Years ago

What I don't understand is why do people think that the New York team has some God-given right to be good?

I don't know why people in the US media want/expect David Stern to step in and do something. I know that the NY market is potentially huge money-wise for both the Knicks and the NBA, but it's not fair to other teams in the league if the Knicks get help just for the sake of having a good team in New York.

Every team goes through slumps. Some bigger than others. Some rectifyable, some not. IMO, you can rectify the Knick's situation. It'll just take patience, and maybe a coaching change. With the playing group they have, I don't expect them to do that great anyway, even with a brilliant coach.

Reply #166616 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Money driven right to be good perhaps. You spend the most in the league and you'd hope to at least be in the top bracket of teams. Tough position to be in when you need to change the coach, and a few key players that teams won't exactly race to take off your hands.

Reply #166624 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Today Isiah would have had a chance to smile as the Knicks blew out the Pistons 89 - 65

Probably good enough news to get the boss to give everyone on the roster a max extension :)

Reply #166911 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754