skip
Years ago

Slingers - Million Dollar Shot!

Big promo by the Singapore Slingers

http://www.milliondollarshot.sg/

One lucky punter is gonna get the chance to shoot a 3 quarter court shot for a million big ones.

Big Risk you would think for the club?

Topic #14209 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

They would probably have it insured to reduce the cost, but still, gutsy move.

Reply #166632 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Even some of the weekly prizes like hitting a half court shot and win a Fully Catered Corporate Box for all 15 Slingers home games in 08/09 is a darn good prize.

Reply #166634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't a guy do a knee at a sixers game years ago ?

Reply #166635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Before I get pounded by some pleb,

While shooting a half court shot at half time was there a guy that did his knee a few years ago ?

Reply #166636 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Blaze have(had?) "hit a shot from the half and win a BMW 120i ($50k)".

Reply #166638 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

i think 3 quarter court is pretty safe.

alot safer than if it was a half courter i think.

we've all hit half court buzzers, but not too many knock down a 3q length bomb.

but you never know... hopefully i eat my words, would be great to see.

Reply #166649 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

The Bullets have 'hit a 3, win a virgin flight' during a timeout also.

I almost got picked last week, but looked away when he looked at me. The guy behind me almost made the shot.

Reply #166651 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Anyone remember when that dude made a 3 qtr court shot at a Bulls game for a million dollars. Then the sponsors refused to pay because he had prior basketball experience (high school or something). From memory the Bulls and some of the players chipped in.

Reply #166653 | Report this post

Recon  
Years ago

I beleive it was Marc Wallis's dad that did his knee at the half time shoot out.

Reply #166654 | Report this post

For sure CLSA has it covered - few know more about money and risk than they do . Great promotional initiative to get people talking .

Reply #166655 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Blaze still do the 1/2 court shot for a BMW - so far only one shooter has actually hit the ring so the car seems pretty safe. Gets the local BMW dealer great exposure as the car is at the game and it is a great discussion point.

Reply #166659 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Before Xmas, Carla Boyd had kids shooting from half way to win a free ticket to the Lightning Dinner.
*Great Prize* ;)

Reply #166674 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Some guy won over $10,000 last year with the Sixers/Powerball half court shot.

He also nailed the Foul and three Point Shot too.

Reply #166681 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah that was the best thing about that night, i'm pretty sure we went down and he hit them all nice and calm.

Reply #166760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even a shot from the 3 point line is safe in Singapore.

Last season they had a shoot out from half-court and it was pitiful. The ball didn't get further than 5 feet away...... but then again, they did choose middle age to older people and Singaporeans aren't known for either their strength or sporting prowess.

Reply #167093 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754