skip
Years ago

Ballinger named Player of The Week

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=73864

After just missing out a couple of times this year he has finally secured one.

He would have to be in strong contention for making the NBL First team you would think too.

Topic #14230 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Whoops, my mistake. he did take it out in round 9 also.

Reply #167000 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Good.

Reply #167018 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Not just 1st team skip, he'll be up there in the MVP voting too, the next few weeks (7 games in 3wks) will be big.

Reply #167042 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Balls is awesome! Hopefully the 36ers can keep him.

Definitely an MVP canidate. However the League may get a little biased and give it to Anstey.

Balls is also "Recruit of the Year" in my opinion.

Reply #167049 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think we'll need to make the eight for him to be in MVP contention - is Wethers the player from the lowest ranked team to have won it recently? Otherwise it's Ebi and Anstey as frontrunners.

Given Redhage as competition for Ballinger's spot and that he plays SF with Perth, maybe:

Williams
Ere
Redhage
Ballinger
Anstey

?

I think they'll find a way to include Worthington though who could beat Ballinger for that PF spot?

At least he'll get the 36ers MVP and is definitely one of the signings of the year.

Reply #167052 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Ballinger obviously deserved it, but Orien Greene was the highest scorer in dream team this week and was not even mentioned?

Anyway, for All star 5 I would say:

Bruton
Ebi
Redhage
Ballinger
Anstey

Bruton has done better than Williams IMO, averages better stats in dream team and was the spiritual leader of the bullets while Mackinnon has been injured

Second team would be:

Williams
Penney
Ingles
Worthington
Jawai

Reply #167132 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

GO BALLZ

Reply #167221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754