jokker
Years ago

No 'Hodge' Singlet

Just wondering if we are being so professional i was wondering a couple of things.How long does it take to get a singlet with a players name on it?Surely once we knew we were getting Julius a quick phone call to him in Europe or to his agent would of got us his singlet size.Would of looked professional to have it for his first game or at least a few weeks later for his first home game.However we didnt have it for the fox game or our first home game.He is wearing 52 some of the players tell me that its the spare blood singlet so if thats the case and Ballinger gets blood on his singlet does that mean he is out of the rest of the game because Julius is wearing that singlet?Is that Bauer not doing his job or someone else?Very ordinary anyway.

Topic #14233 | Report this topic

James W  
Years ago

....it really isn't that important.

Reply #167054 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Most uniforms are made in Asia as far as I know.

Reply #167064 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

yes and no James, its not that important, it is however a reflection of some poor profesionalism.

Can you imagine the NBA allowing a player to play without his name on the singlet, as Jokker said, it really isnt that hard to do and the spelling of Hodge is something even i can manage. I hope its sorted for the game on wed, as we will look foolish if he turns out nameless again.

Reply #167068 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

I see your point.

Honestly though I'm more interested in the fate of our supposed new scoreboard.

Reply #167070 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

me - coach do, player follow

Reply #167071 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeh wheres the new scoreboard! I forgot about that.

Reply #167076 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

hahahah brilliant SVD

Hodge has asked that anything with his name on it be removed from public scrutiny?

Gold

Reply #167082 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Normally teams will have 2 blood singlets (different numbers).

Reply #167086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have a point, but interesting that people always have to focus and nit-pick on something.

Let's at least be on a high until our next game!!!!

Reply #167090 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Guys, could I tell you some stories about the uniform situation?
Julius' jersey is only the tip of it.
Before anyone flames, I agree, the situation is an absolute disgrace & I urge you to get answers from admin@(you know the rest).
Best of luck.

Reply #167092 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Well, No. Its NOT an absolute disgrace.
It's perhaps a little disappointing.
That's all.

Let's keep things in perspective.
He could play nude for all I care. The point is HE CAN PLAY. We've picked up someone who we think can add significant value to our program.

THAT'S what's important.
The other stuff will follow.

Reply #167094 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

The fact that DDFan is involved in it is part of the reason that the 36ers uniform situation is an absolute disgrace.

Reply #167096 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good call Sector7G

Reply #167099 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Sorry Jokker, I've hi-jacked your thread.
My bad.

Reply #167104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can a person be a total dick one day and then start a post with "Guys, could I tell you some stories about the uniform situation?" You can not go around trying to piss people off one day and then making normal posts the next. It time to go DD. It is that simple. You just pushed it too far. You could not help yourself. Wake up.

Reply #167106 | Report this post

jokker  
Years ago

Not so isnt it the little things that make a team successful dont they say the 1% add up so it may not be a big deal but still very unprofessional.No scoreboard we were promised that just another thing that doesnt really matter.Got to wonder though how many other things are not done properly or done whenever attention to detail does seem poor in this area

Reply #167108 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anonymous, you still haven't learnt that I don't respect Anonymous posters. Sheesh, it's even in the forum guidelines.
I ask, how many posts has "Anonymous" started/responded to in the last 6 weeks?
We have a winner.

Reply #167110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So DD, you think how you act in this forum is OK and all the people who are angry at you are wrong? Your hiding. Answer that question. Explain what is wrong with you.
SAD, so SAD.

Reply #167113 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #167116 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

A few people are trying to buy 'Hodge' Singlets
but, none available , of course.

Reply #167117 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Those shorts...

Reply #167118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No answer from DD. What a suprise. Your the coward!!
Answer you gutless prick.

Reply #167120 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Do you really want to bait him into replying more?

Reply #167121 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, see the guy crying up at Bill Russell? What has recently happened to DD is what's about to happen to him. Let's leave it in the past and get on with things.

Reply #167122 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Unrelated, but fun story relating to jerseys.
Jordan (back in 1990) turned up for a road game against Orlando and found someone had stolen his jersey. The only team spare was number 13, no name on it. MJ played the first half in this one, but was so uncomfortable, he went into the crowd, found a dude of similar size, and swapped jerseys with him - offering to return first jersey (signed) after the game.

Later, he turned up on an Hoops card, which showed Otis Smith (?) scoring against Jordan wearing 13. Bulls requested they pull this card, and replace it with a different pic (which happened immediately). It's not THAT rare, but in interesting find ...

Reply #167138 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Melvin, not to get fussy, but it was #12. I have the card if anyone wants it but it's on one condition. It comes with the entire set and sells for a bucketload. I was sure I was on a winner with those Hoops cards but sadly, they never turned into the fortune the guys at Proball and US Gear told me they would.

Reply #167143 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

ITS VERY IMPORTANT! Ask the NBA store if names on player jerseys aren't that important.... $$$$

Reply #167155 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I thought that it was really bad as well. Its little things like this that reflect bad on the club and league as a whole re him not on live scoreboard. At worst bring the singlet to pro-bowl or some other place and put a temp name until that get the legit jersey.

Reply #167161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GEEZ NEXT WE WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FOOD STALL RUNNING OUT OF POTATO CHIPS, GET OVER IT!!!!

Reply #167169 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Stop SHOUTING. It wasn't potato chips it was Chiros that they ran out of......

Reply #167170 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Well no suprise there, once again no name on the back of his singlet. Do you think Julius would be thinking he's obviously only here for s short time if we are not even going to bother getting his name on the back of his singlet???

Reply #167392 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Joke!
Unprofessional!
Embarrassing!

your choices, am i referring to the singlet issue, or the game last night?

Hmm...perhaps its the same answer?

Reply #167393 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ISC canned their uniform deal with the league midway through the season. That's made things a little bit harder. Could try just taking that blood uni and getting something "close enough" stitched on.

That said, until it was mentioned, I hadn't even noticed that his singlet was blank. Might've been more confusing for the people who don't quite know who's who.

Reply #167401 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

hehe, Isaac,

Julius is pretty easy to pick out from the rest of the team.

Reply #167409 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

I'm sure the Champs Sports crew who have been doing the names/numbers on the replica jerseys for 36ers would be able to put Hodge's name on that blood uniform.

Reply #167412 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Maybe all teams should just have a number 00 singlet with "TEMP" on it.....just for imports.

Reply #167414 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

me, you'd think. But I heard someone behind me at the game last night get Ballinger and Hodge confused! Might've been their first game.

Reply #167417 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

hahaha...well..thats fair enough then... i mean.. Hodge and Ballinger very hard to tell apart.

I heard that they have been offered the lead roles in the stage remake of twins

need to get that singlet fixed ASAP

:)

Reply #167524 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Isaac,
Just as an aside, in perth EVERY seat is supplied with a 4 page game program, showing pics of the wildcats team, numbers, nicknames etc and also the line up of the opposition on the night.

Thats the sort of thing that makes things better for newbies helps them to become involved and take ownership of their team. (and just maybe encourage them back)

Gloss, professioanlly produced. Wouldnt think it would be to hard to produce something similar at the dome, bit of advertising support how much could it cost to print even only 5000 and hand them out as people entered?

Maybe include a special offer/voucher on it... for a low crowd game..buy one get one free...or a competition to gather a mailing list?

ahh so many ideas...let the club know i work on retainer lol

:)

Reply #167552 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

Clubs maybe get a few extra singlets at the beginning of the year, but they are too dumb to think forward and get sum extras just in case. They only worried about their next home game (at the beginning of the year its the 1st home game), so as long as they all got names and number 4 week 1, the rest of the year goes out the door.

Then when they ring Asia 2 get sum more, they cant find the factory that made them or they wont return any calls, pretty simple answer.

Congrats 2 the clubs that do this and get their new names and number son quickly.

Reply #168213 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Just borrow a dozen crows jerseys - no names, just numbers - problem solved ..

Reply #168298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:31 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754