M Dizzle
Years ago

Gerald Wallace - Legitimate star?

The Bobcats beat the Magic today behind 36 and 14 from Gerald Wallace. Backing up from their win against Denver in which Wallace tallied 40 and 8.
Through the month of january his performances have been: 23p 11r 8a, 25p 12r 5a, 25p 3r 5a, 21p 11r 3a, 15p 10r 4a, 27p 12r 3a, 26p 6r 5a, 40p 8r 5a, 36p 14r 5a

His averages on the season now coming to 21.6ppg 6.2rpg 3.4apg 2.1spg.

After the win against Denver head coach Sam Vincent had this to say:

"We're having the chance to watch a superstar form before our very eyes"

Now superstar is a bit excessive but are we witnessing the evolution of a genuine star in the league or is this just good player going through a great stretch? Should he be in all-star discussions?

Your thoughts...

Topic #14263 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If Calderon is in All-Star discussions, I don't see why Wallace couldn't be.

Reply #167547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a gun !

I was proudly pimping my GW3 singlet at the Sixers last night !

Reply #167561 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

I thought i was the only person in Australia with one of those, glad to be proven wrong!

Reply #167564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHAHA - Pretty rare aren't they ?

I hope Charlotte pick up a nice point guard becuase I dont think Felton is what they need. All of a sudden they look a lot more legit -

Okafor
May
Wallace
Richardson
Pure point guard

Morrison
Felton
Mohammed

Sorry, a bit off topic there but I love that type of player....Wallace, Josh Smith and Rudy Gay.

Reply #167565 | Report this post

lockstock wtf?  
Years ago

Calderon SHOULD be an all-star

Reply #167572 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nope, I've got a Crash jersey hanging up and I just got my autographed Okafor orange jersey from the club... it's a pity he's sucking ar$e at the moment.

Crash has been great the past month. I think the team and to a lesser degree, Coach V has worked it out with J-Rich and everything is starting to click. Still 8 games under .500 but in the last 9 games the Cats have won 6 games against teams with better records. He's worthy of all star consideration, but the East is pretty loaded at the forward position.

Who misses out?? Garnett and Lebron are voted in, Caron Butler and Jamieson have been carrying the Wizards, Paul Pierce deserves a run, Chris Bosh is another guy, add Deng, Sheed, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson and Shard Lewis to the considerations.

Still a long way from superstar, but I already consider him a star as I think if he played for any other club outside of Charlotte, Memphis and NO his accomplishments would of received more acknowledgment.

Felton needs to go, he's not the PG of the future. Problem is I don't think the Cats season will be bad enough for a top 5 pick (Rose, Mayo or Bayless) and they'll have a mid-late lottery pick and make a bad reach for someone like Collision or Augustine. I'd trade the pick (unless we can selected Hibbert) along with Felton/May to move up to select Bayless or for a good PG like Calderon or to a lesser degree TJ Ford (probably not include the pick). I don't want Mayo. He's got all the potential in the world, I just don't want a shoot first PG.

Trade Felton whilst he's got some value. I'd also trade away May and Morrison in the right deal. Problem is I don't know who I'd get for Felton. He's top 10 in assists, but I know he wouldn't be enough (or anyone on the roster) for Deron or CP3. Kidd or Nash won't come, Tinsley is mental and I'm not sure if the Raptors would give up TJ or Calderon. I just know Felton ain't the PG of the future.

Just think, Jordan picked 'Bust' Morrison when he could of had Gay or Roy... May was such a bad pick the year before (I understand the Felton pick) when we could of had Granger, David Lee, Monta Ellis or Ryan Gomes... hindsight is a beautiful thing....

Reply #167586 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TR, what about Miller from the Sixers?

Reply #167588 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Don't know Isaac.

I could see the 76ers doing a high (say top 7) protected first rounder plus Felton and Morrison type deal, but I could see the Cats wanting to add total lottery protection to the pick, it's only Andre Miller, not Kidd, Nash, CP3 or Deron.

Another problem is the Miller has a dirty trade kicker and only one year left on his current deal. I don't think the Cats would trade for a player with a TK (unless his name is Kobe), plus give up such young players and/or high draft pick for a possible 1 year rental.

I'm not sure how much Miller has left in the tank, and if he'd be happy playing in Charlotte. I guess if it's good enough for J-Rich it should be good enough for Miller.

If I was sitting in the seat I'd pass and stay with Felton.

Reply #167593 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

How about Lowry or Conley from Memphis?

Reply #167613 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Conley yeah, but I'm not sure Memphis does it. Felton is due for an extension, Conley is still on his rookie contract. Memphis are trying to save $$$$.

Lowry, haven't seen enough to make comment, but as a starter I'd be dubious.

Reply #167655 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Gerald Wallace is a gun and I love his athletic abilities. He also throws down a mean dunk. His defence is good and can only get stronger.

All his team needs now is a better point guard and some good things should happen.

Maybe CJ Bruton could get the gig next season.

Reply #167664 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Lowry would be a stellar PG for the bobcats , tough as old boots . Wining attitude ,penetrates exceptionally well and has the desire to excel .

Reply #167703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:17 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754