Its in there, sumwhere hey.

Topic #14267 | Report this topic

Prawn  
Years ago

I see they let you out of prison.

Reply #167578 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

awesome find, that 2nd video is just old school channel 10 sunday basketball love it!
GREAT find!

Reply #167579 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Good stuff, ah the days of sponsors, crowds and FTA tv.

Reply #167581 | Report this post

sushi cowboy  
Years ago

footage from 95. music from 85!

Reply #167582 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Oh no, someone used P*** S****'s name in the second video.

Reply #167587 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I always wondered where Kath and Kim got there costumes from. Now i know, Paul Maley's wardrobe.

I have permanently lost site in one eye after seeing his "Citizenship Edition" woolen knit.

Reply #167589 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Don't blame your loss of sight on Paul Maley's wardrobe...

Reply #167595 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

PASSING THOUGHTS

- As a 36ers fan, you were "allowed" to LIKE North Melbourne Giants, TOLERATE Melbourne Tigers but you HAD TO HATE South East Melbourne Magic.

- The atmosphere at "The Snakepit" was awesome. Never went there to see a game, but even on TV you knew that the crowd was ALWAYS a 6th player on the court.

- Why don't they bring back the old system of the All-Star Game: North vs South? For the NORTH, you could have players (and coaches) from Singapore, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney and West Sydney. For the SOUTH, you could have players (and coaches) from Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, South, Wollongong and New Zealand.

- Shane Heal was still despised...but could hit a mean jumper!

Reply #167600 | Report this post

avid listener  
Years ago

BIT LATE FOR YOU TO BE UP MATTY

Reply #167601 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I went to the Glass House once in 1997 when my high school went on it's Melbourne trip. We saw the Tigers played against someone, I forgot who.

But I liked the arena, I miss it and always remember it.

I was lucky I suppose to see Gaze & Copes play then.

Memories is all it is now.

Reply #167663 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

basketball was a sponsors paradise back then.

can hardly see the hardwood through all the sponsor logos. back when it was worth every penny.

sad to see how much has since those glory days.

Reply #167687 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"I went to the Glass House once in 1997 when my high school went on it's Melbourne trip. We saw the Tigers played against someone, I forgot who.

But I liked the arena, I miss it and always remember it. "

Were you young then, or are you a midget? The seats in that place were disgusting. They swivelled so you could get in and then turn to save on further leg room. You actually sat with your knees hard pressed up against the seat in front.

Awful place.

Reply #167715 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

i was 14 at the time and wasn't well on that trip. As I said I don't remember much. My body didn't react well to the Melbourne weather.

I mainly re-call that I did go to the "Glass House" and that the Tigers were playing. Gaze definitely played.

Reply #167721 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Bill Woods wardrobe is very 80's also,Miami vice style!
Luv seeing the Rollers,Cannons and Devils footage,top stuff.

Reply #167756 | Report this post

blazefan  
Years ago

Thanks heaps for all of that Clint Dogg.

It sure brings back some memories.

As I use to be "rollersfan" many years ago, it was great to see the 'Green Boys' in action again.

While I never got to the 'snakepit', we were told by some of the team that the 'Rollerdome' was only marginally better.

With no air conditioning, no wonder we only hosted the Sunday game a couple of times!!!!

Reply #167967 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

No worries every1.

I got more from 1990, i will post that soon.

cheers.

Reply #168199 | Report this post

blazefan  
Years ago

1990???? ahh yes, when I was "cougarsfan"!!!!!

Reply #168445 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

I have footage of the Cougars coming in a few weeks.

Reply #169235 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Thought I'd throw it in here rather than starting a new thread. I just youtubed some highlights of Wildcats vs. 36ers from near the end of the 2000 season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D0GHBKyqMs

Reply #316517 | Report this post

Years ago

ricky grace.... i recall going to one of the first new years eve games - and he ruled the powerhouse that night.

Reply #316522 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:38 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754