Norwood
Years ago

Norwood Seniors

Now I know it is only the summer season but to see Norwood's Div 1, 2 and 3 Men and Women in the grand finals next week is a fair effort. No other club can go close to that. I know you all think that Summer is a pointless season but it's a sign of things to come for next season. Coincidence that Rupert has just joined?? I think not. Hes the best thing to happen to the club in years. Who needs a home when we can beat you all at your own!!

Topic #1427 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No-one remembers who were December champions....

Reply #16385 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Good form going into the winter season.

Reply #16386 | Report this post

Stella Artois  
Years ago

Is Sapwell going to player coach. Who will be Norwoods main rotation for the season

Reply #16389 | Report this post

Norwood  
Years ago

Dan Thompson is back to join Keith Krause, Scott Arnold, Will Foster, Drew Webber, Jason Januske and Christian Bell. Lots of good role players as well. Massive squad with a lot of depth to fill the div 2 team as well. Rupert is only coaching at the moment. I heard theres more banging at the doors to get in the squad

Reply #16390 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Yes, they've had a successful summer but it helps when you are fielding basically you're entire ABA team (minus Bell). Hey, they should win it!!! Remember that Norwood was probably the hottest team at the end of the 2004 ABA season knocking off all the top teams, so they should be looking to build on last year's success and this is a step in the right direction.

However, in the Men, North, Sturt, Eastern, Southern, and Forestville will all be much stronger in the ABA season than they currently are in the summer season so I wouldn't hang your hat on your summer success. In addition, Centrals, West, and South have all improved from last year, leaving Woodville as the only team who you could say have taken a step backward (as far as their roster is concerned)

In the short 18 game season, it's going to be a very close competition.

Reply #16393 | Report this post

Norwood  
Years ago

I was not just concentrating on the div one men. How about the 5 other teams that are in the GF as well. I know its the summer season and the ABA guys are missing but the post was more about the depth of the senior program then that of the ABA guys.

Reply #16394 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Has the div 3 team changed?

Reply #16397 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Look at the Woodville women reserves... how long has it been since a senior women's team at Woodville have made a grand final?? A long time indeed.

Reply #16447 | Report this post

manager  
Years ago

Woodville played quite afew of their ABL women in a recent gane at Hillcrest. Depends how badly you want to win

Reply #16537 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

FLY - I believe Woodville div 5 women were in last years GF. In fact, it may have been Woodville vs Woodville.

But I'm sure that's not what you meant :-).

Good to see their reserves team up there, it would have been a while!

Reply #16539 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

manager,
Woodville played eastern to get in the g/final, and that team was also stacked. It's in the rulebook, so why not do it. Besides, all but 1 player had played at least four games for the season in reserves, the other one qualified through playing juniors.

Hoop,
I meant the ABL squad. You know, at a competetive level. But good on the div. 5's either way.

Reply #16726 | Report this post

V.True  
Years ago

Yes it WAS only the summer season!!!!

Reply #31239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754