fox
Years ago

media not doing there job

I work for foxtel and thought you people may find this interesting.I visit this site to get info like a few of the other fox people cos where a little lazy to do research.Was working the Perth game when i heard them ask your no name for an interview he was in the changeroom writing game stuff up and said he knew nothing about it.Who should tell him that i assume its Bauer.He said if we could wait until he finished he would be happy to help out.I know in the AFL if that happened you dont get that interview and someone whose job it was to organise this is toasted.They should be grateful noname bailed them out and this is not the first time i can assure you.If your going to rely on the T.V media you better be organised.Heard the same thing happened with a story with ch7 and Mottram he said 7 rang him to do a story on his face mask and Bauer said it was all organised.When they rang Mottram he knew nothing about it.CH7 guy was really embarrased.Its a great game but if you dont look after the media it will fail quickly

Topic #14279 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Geez, that was hard to read.

Reply #167714 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Um, Skip... at least DD posts comments when he pads his post stats!

Reply #167716 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

The NBL and some clubs have no clue when it comes to Brand image, Marketing and Media coverage. Its little wonder no-one bothers to run decent coverage of the league and home clubs.

Reply #167720 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

for the record, i did not post that. and i find it just as hard to read as the rest of you probably do...

i think potsie does an outstanding job for the media, especially considering it is not his only role like other sports teams media reps. nothing is ever difficult when dealing with him, again, unlike footy reps, who can sometimes make you jump through hoops to get an interview with certain players.

Reply #167727 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I thought this was a a good post but just reads a little poorly so I have done a quick edit so it reads a little easier - SVD.

I work for Foxtel and thought you may find this interesting. I visit this site to get info (like a few of the other Fox people cos we are a little lazy when it comes to doing research).

I was working the Perth game when I heard [Fox] ask "your no name" coach for an interview. He was in the change room writing game stuff up and said he knew nothing about it. Who should tell him [about his interviews], I assume it's Bauer? He said if we could wait until he finished he would be happy to help out.

I know in the AFL if that happened you don't get that interview and someone whose job it was to organise this is toasted. They should be grateful "no name" bailed them out and this is not the first time [it has happened], I can assure you. If [the Sixers organisation] are going to rely on the TV media they should be better organised.

I heard also heard the same thing happened with a story with Channel 7 [arranged to have with] Mottram. A 7 reporter said he rang to do a story [with regards to] Mottram's face mask and Bauer said it was all organised. When [Channel 7] rang Mottram he knew nothing about it. [The Channel 7 reporter] was really embarrassed. It's a great game but if you don't look after the media it will fail quickly.

Reply #167737 | Report this post

Dr Who  
Years ago

Dear Coopz ,you are kidding yourself if you think Pottsie does a good job with the media. They think he is a nice guy but lazy as and is poorly organised regularly just grabs the players without any notice of an interview just ask any of the players they will tell you.If thats not part of his job what else does he do except give information on here via Issac.

Reply #167743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

media not doing their job?

Reply #167761 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

Dr Who, have you ever dealt with AFL clubs?

try getting the player you want to talk to at an AFL club, it doesn't happen. you get who they want you to get. at least potsie gives us our own choice of who to talk to.

i'm not gonna sit here and defend him back and forth. just cos i think he does great job, doesnt mean you have to. but i'm guessing you dont deal with him on a daily basis like i do, and i have no problems with how he does his job. thats all i was saying.

Reply #167764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How hard is it to organise one guy from fifteen? And it is not like the media is banging down the sixers door. How many people cover the sixers compared to the crows.

Reply #167953 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

welcome 2 the real world, where this type of thing happens everyday.

Reply #168208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754