I agree and wish to add Ng to the list.

Reply #167927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Kad regarding Ng but I'll add Ballinger to the list

Reply #167933 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I agree, he is a consistant double double,(points and rebounds) without a good jump shot and also can rack up the assists and play reasonably good defence and lead the team, handle the ball and run the offence, id say he would be attracting alot of interest with his last 3 games, especially if he finishes the season in that kind of form, players like that in the past such as Mee, Thomas, Tucker seem to be successfull and good pieces to build around, i agree and say sign him up now, he is also only 24 so plenty of years ahead and im sure his shot will improve, if he can score 20-3o points without a good shot, imagine what he can do if he develops one! but i guess it will depend who the coach is, but yea id be signing Hodge, Ballinger, Davidson to go with Maher and build around that.

Reply #167939 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

C - Schenscher / Mottram
F - Ballinger / Cooper
F - Holmes / Ng
G - Hodge / Maher
G - Franklin / Davidson

Possible on points?

Reply #167940 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Probably not quite, if you replaced say Cooper with a rookie like Dodman and maybe Ng with a rookie i reckon the rest would fit under the points cap and would be a good line up

Reply #167941 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

r u serious if he cant shoot a jumper, a good solid defender will be able to contain him if he doesnt have the triple threat!

Reply #167942 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

RESIGN SUTTON!

Reply #167945 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I agree anon, sutton should resign!

Skip - This assumes Balls naturalizes?

Jonno - You are kidding right? Dodmand for Coops. You are out of your mind. Ng for a Rookie. You should take a look at tonights box score.

Reply #167947 | Report this post

M15  
Years ago

Brett Maher - Retain
Brad Davidson - Retain
Julius Hodge - Retain
Adam Ballinger - Retain
David Cooper - Retain
Axel Dench - Cut
Lanard Copeland - Cut/Retire
Darren Ng - Retain
Matt Sutton - Retain
Jordan Dodman - Retain
Eirk Burdon - Retain
Neil Motram - Retain

Phil Smyth - Gone

Reply #167949 | Report this post

M15  
Years ago

maher - retain
davidson - retain
hodge - retain (plz)
ballinger - retain (plz)
cooper - retain
dench - cut
copeland - cut/retire
ng - retain
sutton - retain
dodman - retain
burdon - retain
mottram - retain

Reply #167950 | Report this post

M15  
Years ago

coach phil: gone

Reply #167951 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

i dont wanna get rid of Cooper or Ng, but to make the suggested line up fit in the points cap thats probably what you would need to do, personally i would definatly keep Davidson, Maher, Hodge, Ballinger, Mottram, Cooper, Ng,and maybe keep Sutton, Dodman, Burdon depending on who else is available and the points/salary cap situation, but yea if you add Schenscher, Holmes and Franklin somethings gotta give to make it fit under the cap, hence why i suggested the changes to make it work

Reply #167960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sutton to re-sign for forestville, not the 6ers. The guy has no game at NBL level. He reminds me of Jason Williams - good ABA player full of confidence, but not up to NBL standard

Reply #167963 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

He looked promising last year but I'll have to agree anon, looks very nervous playing NBL.

Reply #167965 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Re-sign Sutton? More like: Sutton, resign!

Reply #167991 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Sorry Skip, it wouldn't be possible at all...

C - Schenscher 10/ Mottram 6
F - Ballinger 10/ Cooper 7
F - Holmes 9/ Ng 5
G - Hodge 10/ Maher 5
G - Franklin 10/ Davidson 6

78/68

Reply #167995 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Whats dodman and burdon worth?

Reply #168013 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

isnt balls naturalised half way through next season? how can we have hodge, franklin and ballinger???

Reply #168014 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

didnt someone say balls to naturalise in august ?

Reply #168021 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

I don't really think Schenscher is needed and probably wouldn't be that great a player at NBL level. Cooper and Motts splitting time in the middle is a good enough rotation at center in the nbl. If Balls gets his citizenship before the season, we should go hard after Franklin along with re-signing hodge. If not, then we should keep hodge and sign a new import 2 guard when Ballinger naturalizes as Franklin will be signed by someone before the start of the season. This is because its easier to find an import SG than any other position. Also isn't Ng quitting to do his medical studies?

That would give us a team of:

Cooper
Mottram
Ballinger
Holmes
Hodge
Davidson
Maher
Franklin/New import

Then add a couple of youngsters either out of college or maybe Burdon + Dodman if there is no one else better that is cheap on points. That should all fit under the cap and you can go then with a starting 5 of

Ballinger
Holmes
Hodge
Franklin/New import
Davidson or Maher

Balls, Holmes, Hodge are all very good rebounders and added to Coops and Motts is a pretty formidable front line. Holmes can play the 3/4 and sometimes the 5, Hodge can play the 2/3 and the 4 when required and Ballinger can move to the 4 when Coops or Mottram come on the court.

A back court including Davidson, Franklin and Maher would be close to being the best in the NBL and is also tough defensively. Franklin and Davidson are also very good fitness wise which would enable Maher to play 30 mins a game or less. Going with an 8 man rotation of those guys along with 2 youngsters for future development and I reckon you'd almost have a championship level team without too many weaknesses.

Reply #168033 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

123, I think Maher would be worth 7 next year as well. I heard that the points rules with regard to loyalty deductions are changing? Someone else might be able to confirm.

Depending on how the changes work, it could really impact the Kings who have Saville (5), Worthington (5), Kendall (5), Crosswhite (5) all reduced in rank because of the current rules.

Makes me wonder if they'll have to shift someone on and, if so, who it might be? Or if Smith might retire to give them some room?

Reply #168037 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Better free throws and less turnovers, last night.
Box score looks pretty good , doesn't it?
Guess those flat, jump shots are a bit unreliable.
Can get to the ring better than most.
anything can happen when he's playing!
Something different to watch.

Reply #168042 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Do we know what Ng is doing? Maybe given his massive improvement this year he will be able to squeeze the sixers for more $ and stay another year.

Lets be honest, he has the potential to be one of the leading SG's in the league in a couple of years time.

Reply #168044 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

My understading is (from an interview on radio with Jason Dix) that sixers have given him time off to study medicine, and he has taken time off medicine study to play for sixers, over the last few years.
But next season is final year of study and would not be able to play NBL for one season.
But would play for Sturt and like to, if possible, be a doctor six months of the year and play NBL six months of the year. Sounds like sixers have helped him, maybe with a view that , although unable to play next season, he may play on for a few more years.

Reply #168045 | Report this post

bball  
Years ago

C - Mottram 6/ Cooper 7
F - Ballinger 10/ Holmes 9
F - Hodge 10/ Tovey 5
G - Franklin 10/ Ng 5
G - Davidson 6/ Maher 5

Coach- Scott Ninnis

That would be a championship team

Reply #168113 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

why was Sutton starting early in the year when Davidson was out, now he gets NO time at all?.

Get rid of Mottram, hes poo. Was starting, now coming off the bench because he was crap with Melb, crap with who ever he was with b4 them, and now crap with Adelaide.

Reply #168205 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Isaac, i didn't know that it would be great to see Kings suffer a little from it but Maher 7, that changes the Sixers squad alot.

I think it would probably be better for the Sixers squad if he retired 1) so we can try to have a crack at the playoffs next year with Ballinger, Holmes and Davidson and give one of them the captaincy and try to build a squad around them and 2) so they can look to the future.

I think Ian Crosswhite is actually a 3...

The Kings would get rid of Crosswhite and Tovey (8 points) and sign a college player a rookie? They are likely to get Hinder re-rated aswell as Victor...

Reply #168244 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What the Kings do may depend on whether any of their guys (Worthington, Kendall, etc) try for a gig in Europe?

Reply #168320 | Report this post

Spalding  
Years ago

Are you blokes serious when you say, keep Motram and Cooper at the centre position and if the 6ers do, they could win a Championship?

Motram is foul proned and a pussy and so is Cooper. Both have no offensive skills, Cooper can block the odd shot but otherwise is a crap defender. The 6ers to be successfull need a big guy or guys who is/are not clumsy and are not foul proned and who will go up strong to the hoop instead of getting blocked or fading away and falling over.

Instead of a small guard like Franklin they need another big bloke to go with Ballinger and a swingman (someone who can shoot from 5ft or more would be a bonus) to go with maher and davidson.

Reply #169047 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I would definatly be looking to keep Hodge and run him as the point forward and try and surround him with a few shooters like Ng, Maher, Ballinger, Davidson, as his penetration is going to open them up and if the shooters do well its gonna open the key way up for him to drive, i think he is a great fit for the team, sure he isnt a great shooter but gets 20ppg anyway and his foul shooting seems to be getting better so im sure his overall shooting will improve also.
Hodge also brings great energy, leadership, good ball carrier and a never say die attitude who plays thru injuries and fights til the end of the game all things that are not found all players and imports, so i say he is a keeper

Reply #169056 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754