Johnny Sack
Years ago

NBA ROY - Nearly 1/2 way mark...

I thought it might be worth revisiting this since we are almost upon the half way mark of the season.

I know that KD is still the favorite - but i have to say he is starting to look wobbly. Pity he isn't called Charles - then his nick could be "Chucky" (pretty apt if you ask me when he hoists over 17 shots per)... Hopefully he can avoid hitting the wall but - i feel with all the load he has been shouldering this season (cause he is the only rookie who has any real pressure to perform - primary option, team speculation - it has to weigh on him)...

However if he hits the wall and other guys can pick up their games then the ROY might not be as cut/dry as some think (of course the L might already have etched his name on the award - if you know what i mean...)...

Guys like: Horford - if he can start scoring at a better clip (he is not far off) he is a BIG threat IMHO... and even Navarro (but we all know he won't get a look 'cause he's not really a rook now is he???)...

Should be an interesting race to the award this season... Will it be another 1994/95 Hill/Kidd ROY???... Style vs Substance (i am not saying that Hill was all style no substance but you know what i mean when comparing the two players...)

Topic #14294 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Yi is a shot. Let me throw Rajon Rondo in as an outsider.

Reply #168027 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Hmmm - What about Dr J???

Reply #168029 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'll give you odds of 5000-1 that Rondo will not be ROY.... he was picked up in the 06 draft. He may get a mention in MIP.

Moon from the Raps has been having a nice season, but I think KD will still take it out..

Reply #168035 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Waaaa. I suck at the NBA :(

Reply #168036 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Conley might come home strong now that he has been given the starting role.

Reply #168043 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Horford

Reply #168061 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

acutally...probably durant, but horford is double-double machine on a good team...sonics are a disgrace. Moon is the only other that touches these guys in my opinion

Reply #168062 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

With all the hype over this draft, the rookie class has been underwhelming IMHO. Durant was supposed to have an all-round game, but is doing nothing but score at an abysmal percentage. I'm far more impressed with Horford, Sean Williams, and Conley, in that order.

Reply #168456 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754