DavidK
Years ago

When do boys stop growing?

I was just wondering seeing we have a few 18,19 year olds playing in college, guys like Ogilvy and Maric and they are fairly on the large side. Ogilvy around 211cm and Maric around 208cm. Is it likely they might still grow a couple of inches? At what age have other basketballers stop growing? I know of a guy who grew around 2 inches between 18-20 years of age.

Topic #14305 | Report this topic

T.T  
Years ago

it only depends on genes.

sometimes u stop growing quicker than everyone else, sometimes u don't. usually if u ask ur parents about their height and when they stopped growing and such, u'll have a good idea about urself.

on average people stop growing at 16-18 yo.

Reply #168255 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

At over 40 I am still waiting for my growth spurt......

Reply #168256 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Height was about 19 years for me. Generally speaking, the taller guys grow later.

Reply #168268 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What about girls. We have a group in U14 (12 yr olds)! who are all about 5'6'. Does it go by Mum's height or Dads?

Reply #168269 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It generally would be a combination of the two parents - but if you google - how tall will I be? a heap of height predictor's come up - will ask about both parents heights and the kids current height age, weight etc and average it out. These are mainly American sites so you need to work out height and inches and kids weight to pounds - remembering that there are 2.2 pounds in a kg.

With girls who commence puberty and grow earlier though it is thought that once they start there dreaded "you know whats" they will continue to grow for up to 3 years after. Foot size can sometimes indicate height - although I know a tall woman she is 6ft tall and has only size 6 1/2 feet.

Reply #168278 | Report this post

spicey  
Years ago

size of feet and parent's height are not an accurate indication of height. One school of thought indicates that a boy is always taller than his mother, not sure how true that is though.

Reply #168279 | Report this post

I grew to approx 198cm's by the time I was 18 and was then 80kgs, but my feet continued to grow until around 24-25 yo.

Thankfully they stopped growing at size 14's.

Reply #168312 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Its unusual to be tall and have small feet. I would have thought that your foot size is dependent on the bone structure which is in proportion to the bone structure giving you your height. The same goes with your hands.

Reply #168402 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It must be genetic as her daughter who is ten is approx 5'6 and has small feet as well. Whereas my daughter who is 11 is approx 5'4" and takes a size 10 ladies shoe.

Reply #168413 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

I started puberty at 11 and now I am 13 turning 14 in 3 months I have armpit hair and very light facial hair on my neck and my sideburns... it is very light though it is only noticible if you look at me closley or if you sit beside me I am just under 5 ft 5 is that average and will I stop growing? my dad is 5 ft 9 and my mom is 5 ft 1.. Am I done gowing? please e-mail me

Reply #175193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When the girls they're looking at are out of sight!

Reply #175202 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Daniel why arent you at school bro! oh and to answer your question you will be taller than your mother - so you may have finished growing

Reply #175205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #181077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I grew almost four inches my freshman and sophomore years of college. I was 5 ft 8.5 inches when I graduated from high school and now I am 6 ft even.

Reply #192598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moments after the climax..........of the game, that is.

Reply #192620 | Report this post

Kim  
Years ago

i am 15 and ive been 5 feet 5 inches tall since im 13 and a half and now im 15 and im the same height.I have got a bit of facial hair,my mum is 5feet and my dad 5feet4. I am getting worried,please tell me if i will get taller.

Reply #198144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #219086 | Report this post

julian t  
Years ago

I am 15 and turning 16 I have a full beard and Im 5 foot 5 my dad is 5 foot 7 and my mom is 5 foot 3 but my cousins from my dads side are both past 6 foot and my uncle from my moms side is also 6 foot due to late growth ,will i still grow please e-mail me

Reply #242083 | Report this post

huil  
Years ago

yh its true

Reply #246496 | Report this post

alian  
Years ago

the earliest age for boys to start puberty is 10.
Boys usually go through puberty between the ages of 10 and 18, so maybe when your 18,19 or even 20 you might finish puberty and stop growing. Girls stop growing when they're like 17. I started puberty when i was 13 and finished when i was 17, only four yrs of puberty.

Reply #246497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin Willis is 7'0" and only has size 12 feet.

Reply #246503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm male, 5 foot 8 inches & I'm 18...I'm hoping a will grow to 5 foot 10 inches by age 20 but only genetics will tell!

Reply #283235 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754