Peter
Years ago

Phillips to Leave Lightning?

Will this be the last year we will get to see her on home soil for many years?

Topic #14312 | Report this topic

LJ  
Years ago

I believe she has signed with the Lightning for another year, however she would have one of those out clauses that means she will go and play in the WNBA if she gets offered a contract there.

Reply #168344 | Report this post

Lisa  
Years ago

She will end up going to Europe, you are right LJ, she would have some clause in her contract. But why would she stay? Sharing minutes with Marino who isn't half the player she is. She was going to be pushed out no matter what.

Reply #168399 | Report this post

glen  
Years ago

and, if that is the case, it doesn't say much about the "coaching staff"

Reply #168474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But it says a lot about why they were re-signed.

Reply #168478 | Report this post

Lisa  
Years ago

Exactly right, you have a look at Phillips' time on court, each week it is decreasing and Marino's is increasing, now you can't tell me Vince hasn't got a lot to do with that. Listen, don't get me wrong Marino has had a couple of good games, but she is no Erin Phillips.

Reply #168489 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Regardless why they were appointed,dont you think they have done a great job?11 wins straight a wonderful effort and yes marino is not half the player Erin is and should only have limited court time.

And if Erin was to leave because of perceived pressure then the coaching staff are not worth the money they are getting paid.

The job is about putting out the best team and not playing up to daddy,Marino shouldn't have been put on the roster

Reply #168490 | Report this post

dr j  
Years ago

"Exactly right, you have a look at Phillips' time on court, each week it is decreasing and Marino's is increasing"

Crap look at the box scores.

"Listen, don't get me wrong Marino has had a couple of good games"

No shit Sherlock!!

Match winner in Townsville and was it 5, 3 balls vs Bulleen???

Lisa you don't have to bag one player to make your point that Phillips is the best Guard in the WNBL.

Reply #168497 | Report this post

the word  
Years ago

that is why all the fuss is on re this season -

not only will phillips be overseas - europe / russia etc

foley and caminio will be offered o/s postings.

the planets were really in allignment for us to get such a dynamic guard line up.

i think we were lucky to get erin this year.

you cant blame the girls for setting themselves up with some seasons overseas.

Reply #168533 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754