Ingles13
Years ago

Dream Team

Scores are up.

I scored 608 with a weekly ranking of 583 and dropped 3 places down to 183.

Hodge, Ng, Crawford & Rogers were the biggest scorers this week. Ballinger suprisingly got less playing 3 games than Ebi who only had 1 and scored 106.

I made a slight mistake having Redhage as captain instead of Ebi, but who knew Ebi was going to explode for 51 points?

No trades for me, keeping that final trade up my sleeve. Although, Mackinnon did drop down quite a bit of cash, and a young - Mackinnon trade looks very nice, and if I can gain a net 9k this round, by either Mackinnon going down or Young going up, I can make that trade.

How did everyone else go? Who were your captains?

Topic #14321 | Report this topic

Mantis  
Years ago

771, weekly rank #13, overall rank #648

Team:
Eri, Redhage (C), Crosswhite, Lampley
Rogers, Jawai
P Crawford, Hodge, Penney, Crowe

I thought Redhage was the safe bet as Captain, you could expect him and Ere to have big games as both faced the Sixers, but Redhage had a second game to boost his stats. It turns out he was the worse choice of my five starters!

I have a problem this week with Ere and Hodge are MIA and I only have 1 trade left for the season. I'm thinking of using it this week, I have some cash in hand and can make a bit of a blockbuster and get some BALLS into the line-up!

Reply #168463 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

weekly rank 426

STARTING 5
1. Ere (GRD) 106
2. Hodge (GRD) 142
3. Rogers (CTR) (Capt) 232
4. Redhage (FWD) 94
5. Ingles (FWD) 52

TOTAL SCORE:

Just traded Ingles for Ballinger

overall I am a long long long way from the top

Reply #168464 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

I Scored something terrible like 800th this round, Still 1st overall tho. No lineup changes.

Reply #168475 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Impressive trade Mahatma Cote - considering Ingles is a guard and Ballinger is a Forward.

Reply #168479 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Ingles is a GRD-FWD, MCHT.

Reply #168481 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

649 this week, moved up 1 spot so im now 32nd. Very very disappointed with Ballinger, couldve had an extra 110 points if i had Hodge as cappy instead and Ere in instead of Ingles but who could predict those two.

Got one trade left, could use it on a Greene-Kavossy trade but not sure atm, my fwds and ctrs are set, my only worries are Ingles, Greene and Hodge.

Shipp, Alston and Whitehead arent up yet which is a bit slack, lucky i dont want em.

Ingles13 wat about a Young-Franklin trade... more games.

Reply #168482 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

mantis - I have ingles as a guard - you're saying that I couldve signed him as a Forward aswell? Interesting.

Reply #168483 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I think MC meant Ingles plays SG which is a lower-scoring position than PF. maybe?

Reply #168484 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

maybe not

Reply #168486 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

Xztatik - no i meant it genuinely, I did not know that players exists in Sportal under two different positions, was not award you could pickup Ingles as a forward OR a guard.

Reply #168487 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

ok my bad

Reply #168491 | Report this post

MC's HammerTime  
Years ago

no - apparently MY bad, lol :P

Reply #168493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

weekly ranking of 43, had hodge as captain

Reply #168508 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

There are a few top players who are dual position - Ere and Ingles are GRD-FWD and Jawai is a CTR-FWD, for example. MC, if you go to "Stats Centre" and list the Top 50, you'll see that Ere is listed as a FWD but has [GRD] after his name to indicate his dual nature. There are a few others on the list. I'm 99.99% certain you can't pick a player at BOTH positions though! Something to remember for next year (like you need any help :-)).

Reply #168517 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

lol as if you didn't know MC, no offence as of course you're kicking all our arses anyway.
I had Ingles as a forward early on in the season but made him a guard over 2 rounds, as I wanted a new forward [Reyes, turned out a dud anyway], but also got rid of Bruton in the process [he was peaking in cash and games at the time]

Mantis - looks as if you had a great lineup for last round and the coming few with many perth players, as they have 7 games in the last 4 rounds. I also thought Redhage was one of the safest bets for captain out of anyone, besides Ballinger, but oddly enough there were 5 or so more players that scored better than them

Xztatik - Don't quite have enough cash for a Young - Kavossy trade [need 1.8k more] although I am considering on getting rid of him, so I can maybe get an extra game or 2 in the process [lol, every game counts as we fight for positions.

My aim is to make the top 100 which I am currently 83 positions off, and 229 points away from.

BTW MC, Mantis and Xztatik, how many times have you done the sportal nbl dream team? This is my 2nd year, last year I finished around position 3000 odd as a rookie.

Looking forward to next year - Maybe we could be in the same league MC, Xztatik, Mantis?? One of them Hoops Sa leagues???

Reply #168535 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

This week I have a net amount of 14 games, if you count captain as double, and bench as half, starters as normal.
I too am also suprised that Whitehead, Shipp and Alston aren't up. Especially alston as he was signed and played quite a few weeks ago. Good that I don't want/need them anyway.

Who are your captains choice this week?

Mine is Anstey as he has 2 games against easy opposition [Slingers, Adelaide]. Only fear is I hope he doesn't get subbed and get low court time as they are killing both teams. Redhage was also in consideration as captain, but they are playing Blaze and Bullets. I also have Lampley and Ingles in my starting 5 with 2 games.

Good luck.

Reply #168536 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I'm a rookie Dream teamer, never done any sort of Fantasy Basketball before, so I'm riding my beginner's luck. I think the league I am in is a Hoops SA league, a workmate roped me in so I'm not 100% sure on that.

Good spot, Ingles13 - I've been stacking my team with Perth players from mid-season because they had so many games left, getting maximum bang for my bucks. Got rid of my Slingers players around the same time.

This week I'm leaning towards going with the averages and sticking with Redhage as captain.

Reply #168543 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

3rd year for me, i was 69th last year so slight improvement there. Actually i still got the sheet with my first ever team on it lol, how this sound:

Anstey
Burgess
Tucker
Newley
Maher
Forman
Nash
Cattalini
Hill
Bruton

Ingles13, count me in on a HoopsSA league next season, im already in 2 leagues but thats cool.

Also, as the season is almost over, any of u guys footy fans? i usually start 2 leagues in the AFL dreamteam and will have some extra spots if ur interested. Last season i was in the top 1% (sounds better than saying 3000th lol)

Reply #168566 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Oh yeah and I'm goin for Anstey as Captain too. i have a staring guard playing one game though thanks to Jules so hopefully my fwds can make up for that.

Reply #168567 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Here's a starting lineup question:
Hodge 1 game (maybe 2)
or Greene 1 game definately?

leaning towards Hodge as some ppl are thinking he might play tomorrow.

Reply #168618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

y wood hodge not play 2morow ?

Reply #168643 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Possible ankle injury.

Reply #168646 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hey Isaac do you have a dream team?

Reply #168675 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not this year. Just doing fantasy NBA at TSN against a group of slackers that gave up after about two weeks (except Paul Henare who at least lasted about eight weeks).

Reply #168678 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Yeah I'd pick Hodge over Greene for this week.

I didn't do the footy dream team last year but I helped my friend fairly closely.

Are you going to do the F1 or V8 dream teams?

Reply #168687 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Does anyone know if Hodge is in or out?

I have a trade up my sleeve this week..

Reply #168772 | Report this post

MC's hammertime  
Years ago

Hey Ingles,

This is the second sportal season for me, last season i dont think i was even in the top 50%

Yeh I'd definetely be up for a hoops dream team, most of the guys im with from Sportal lost interest so i think only half of our league is still 'kindof' trying.

Reply #168774 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:48 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754