Reply #168529 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Plead insanity due to the coaching.

Reply #168534 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Extract of nbl.com.au

"The Adelaide 36ers have informed the National Basketball League office that Lanard Copeland will answer the charge against him via telephone with the NBL Tribunal."

What do you reckon his penalty will be? Missed games, fine etc...?

Reply #168537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if he gets games its all a farce, look back re, heal, nielsen etc... presidence has been set allready

im not saying he doesnt deserve games its just previous tribunals have set the standard, except for cat who apprently punched himself to get 1 week

Reply #168544 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Am I missing something here? How did the charges come about? He was given a technical foul, did that not cover the penalty? Would love to know how "threatening" he was. Was he actually carrying a weapon at the time? If anyone has any more details, I would love to hear about it because this comes as a surprise.

Reply #168545 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

He'll be rubbed out for the finals.... hehe

Reply #168556 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

didnt see it EC but the phrases 'adopting a threatening attitude' and 'verbally exploding' have been used.

At least if he gets suspended it'll increase the 6ers FG%, no offense to Copes but he shouldve retired last year.

Reply #168565 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

The verbal abuse is generally covered by any technical's issued. I think the bigger issue here is player/ref contact and that MUST be dealt with. A player should not be allowed to get into the face of a referee no matter how wrong he thinks the call or no call is.

Penalty should be in the line of a fine IMO.

Reply #168573 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Copeland has already missed games.......

Some of them he has played in as well.....

Reply #168577 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Relax, I have just found out that the tribunal is Tuesday 22 Jan 08.

Reply #168580 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Question is, if he's banned from games, will anyone notice? Will Voldemort notice?

Reply #168582 | Report this post

Germaine Greer  
Years ago

He threatened to freeze the ref.

Reply #168636 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754