XztatiK
Years ago

Voldemort on 5AA

As usual trying to cover up his shortcomings with jokes. You couldnt see him as it was on radio but im pretty sure at the other end of that phone was the usual cheesy grin.

When Cornesy was talking about the form of Ebi Ere he asked Phil how to pronounce that... good person to ask you would think "Ebi Air" he replied. Seriously, who here doesnt know how to pronounce that name after three years in the NBL, and he's a freakin coach! Makes me wonder how much he actually knows about opposition players. This could explain a lot of defensive mistakes.
I can just picture him talking to himself before the Perth Game: "hmm, i wonder if Peter Crawford is a good shooter..."

Topic #14338 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

That's Classic X.

Reply #168691 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

The public now knows something and him and his sidekick think the know more than other coaches. Worked well when they were winning , but now they are seen as lazy c*nts. If you had seen the ABL tryouts a couple of years back you would have seen how lazy this pair was... is. A disgrace. Suprised dumber und dumber did not read the paper during the try-outs. Showed so little interest. I´m sure Brian G would have given 100%. We neeed somec more bang for are buck!

Reply #168696 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

The thing is cornsey and baldermort probably talked it up before the interview.

V: hey popped cornface , how bout throwin me a sitter today .

GC: sure cheesey dimples what did you have in mind .

V: Theres this eddie air bloke who scored more than our team last game , do you reckon you could get stuck on his name and ask me to pronounce it , i just love saying that name "eddie air" .

GC: No , No , No spaldesport , his first name is ebi .

V: No shit , Debbie hey ! , wow , oh well who am i to judge in some places i don't even have a name .

GC: No , thats Ebi , no D coach .

V: Hey , prunesy how did you know the boys nick name for me .

Reply #168700 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol gold rotate!

Reply #168706 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Very clever Rotate, nicely done!

Reply #168711 | Report this post

"GC: No , thats Ebi , no D coach "

Gold

Also, how did they introduce him?...

ladies and gentlemen please welcome... (crikets chirping)
ladies and gentlemen please welcome...Voldemeort
ladies and gentlemen please welcome... phil

Reply #168759 | Report this post

ando  
Years ago

Probably introduced him as:

ladies and gentlemen please welcome... Lucky phil (Lucky he is still coaching)

Reply #168785 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Rotate that is gold, I have no idea why you don't have a ball icon for that...gold jerry gold...

Reply #168860 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Cheers Panther .

Reply #168869 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

Go Phill, do your thing mate, u doing nothing wrong, they all just jealous cause they not and their teams not winning.

Reply #169230 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Clint Doggg is a fag.

Are we allowed to say 'Phil Smyth' now?

Reply #201521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:43 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754