warriors forever
Years ago

Southern to suit American?

Hey, big rumours floating around about Southern Tigers getting big American from Texas.

This talk is coming from deap in tigerland.

Can he fit under salary cap?

What does it mean for Bungey, Lalic?

Anyone else hear this?

Topic #14339 | Report this topic

balling is life  
Years ago

pretty much set to go. waiting on a few things.

Reply #168713 | Report this post

warriors forever  
Years ago

like a review of the salary cap.

Reply #168716 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

meh they will get away with it easy

Reply #168720 | Report this post

BBall Supporter  
Years ago

Perhaps people should look at the salary caps of the two teams everyone thinks should play off in the GF before commenting on this topic.

Reply #168724 | Report this post

warriors forever  
Years ago

nice deflection, no I think we will talk about the southern import.

Reply #168725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mike Chappell is it?

Reply #168726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is the salary cap for ABA teams? Please no smart ass "not funny jokes" like: a vegemite sandwich (with cheese for the imports)
Just after the numbers

Reply #168727 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

Agree Bball supporter, for too long clubs (we all know which ones) would be stretching the limit with the salary caps - but hey if it wins u a championship. Good luck to southern i hope they do well in 08

Reply #168729 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Used to be $25000 max for the club, split between the girls and guys, with a max $15000 on either program.

Reply #168735 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

I am pretty sure the salary cap for 2008, is only $15,000 in total with no more than 60% to be spent on one program, either Men or Women

Reply #168736 | Report this post

number cruncher  
Years ago

so an america at min of $26,000 (latest BA figures) plus flights, accom, insurance, fees etc etc fits under that cap or not.

If you contract the guy for the season only so from the beginning of March to August at $2166 per month it comes to $13,000. This would mean that flights etc etc do not count under the cap.

Reply #168737 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Ken Carter ?

Reply #168741 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

There are definitely ways around it, trust me. The import needs to be paid a minimum which was stated above but this can be through a job, not just basketball.

Reply #168752 | Report this post

r  
Years ago

Reply #168765 | Report this post

Same ol Smae ol  
Years ago

So number everybody in both mens and womens play for free? i thought Southern/Noarlunga had learnt that there is not such a thing as a quick fix? Such a boys club there.

Reply #168766 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

Melvin, Ken is married to an Australian and therefore has Residency so isn't consider an Import.

That's why so many Clubs, all over Australia have got sucked in by this guy!

Reply #168767 | Report this post

Every season for the last 5 years there has been talk of someone to help Southern out. Ingles, Wood, Schensher, the "Mystery big guy" (Jelic?), now an import.
My prediction - not going to happen and Southern to miss the finals. AGAIN!

Reply #168768 | Report this post

Dennys  
Years ago

I dont get it. They just got Bungey and already have Lalic (and Bowley still?). Why a big guy? They desperately need help at 1, 2 and 3. (and don't feed me this what about Boal, Braithwaite, Goodenough, Brown crap - they will not get the Tigers to the finals)

Reply #168858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bowley has moved.

Reply #168866 | Report this post

number cruncher  
Years ago

just got word the American they are getting has not played for 2 years, man this guy sounds like a steal.

wonder what the junior parents ae thinking about their hard earned fees now.

hope a sponsor is paying for this experiment.

Reply #168885 | Report this post

CC  
Years ago

re: Southern to suit American? (#168767 | Grrr!)
Melvin, Ken is married to an Australian and therefore has Residency so isn't consider an Import.

That's why so many Clubs, all over Australia have got sucked in by this guy!

Posted by Who Me? yesterday

This is Kens Wife and just letting you know that i have withdrawn my Support for his permant Residnecy in Australia.I have found ken to be Dishonrable,un trustworthy and a lieing cheating Scumbag.

Reply #169142 | Report this post

shhhhh  
Years ago

pls ST don't go down the import option again - stick with Lalic and Bunghole-these plus the other juniors have been craving time....get the younger gaurds gelling together for hopefully something huge.......save the coin and spread da love

2 years out of the game doesn't sound like a good import option!!!

Reply #169790 | Report this post

Is Luke comming home then?

Reply #169867 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754