Isaac
Years ago

Smyth vs Goorjian in All Star Game

This season's All Star game will feature a head-to-head clash of coaches: Phil Smyth coaching the Australian team, and Brian Goorjian coaching the World NBL team.

The decision was made as the Sixers and Kings are 1st and 2nd on the Philips Championship ladder.

It is Smyth's debut as an All Star coach.

Congratulations Phil!

Topic #1434 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

Well at least we know that Brett Maher won't get benched for no reason. ;)

Reply #16488 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I had to read the original posting a few times just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Phil Smyth is coaching the Australian team ..... and Brian Goorjian is coaching the other mob.

Isn't that kinda strange? I thought Goorjian coached the Australian team ..... oh, I give up. Can anyone else see the irony in this?!

Reply #16491 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I don't have a problem with that. Gorg is an american after all so it was either him or they bring back Brett Brown

Reply #16526 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Will be good to see Smyth take the reins once again, with hopefully a 'full' roster.

Interesting that article stated past NBL stars to be assistant coaches.
Would like to see Smyth and assistant whip Goorj and Heal.

Reply #16570 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Wak, would be even better if Heal was Smyth's assistant.

"Listen punk, sit down, shut up, don't say anything. Do you remember the instructions that Goorj gave Mahersy and Cat at the Sydney Olympics? That's right - I don't want to see or hear you."

Reply #16596 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754