South East
Years ago

Pioneers import pulls out of deal!

Heard a rumour down here that new Pioneers import Josh Steinthal is no longer coming to Mount Gambier? Huge loss if it is true so close to the start of the season.
Leaves only Craig Stratford as a point guard for this season. Only 6 contracted players.

Topic #14345 | Report this topic

Unley  
Years ago

Do you know what happened ????

Reply #168786 | Report this post

Ball boy  
Years ago

Press release says that his mother is ill.

Why not, it worked for me in High School.
Hell mine actually died on several occasions when I didn't want to go somewhere.

Reply #168788 | Report this post

Unley  
Years ago

So this could be another chance for everyone to shitcan the pioneers.....

Reply #168789 | Report this post

South East  
Years ago

Those that want to bag the Pioneers arent worth worrying about. Daniel Peacock has signed with the club to give them some more depth off the bench.
Coach Ray has recruited well and Im sure he will find a replacement quick smart. They just might be a bit light on this weekend for games against the Academy.
Go Pioneers!

Reply #168812 | Report this post

pioneers fan  
Years ago

So south east who has Ray actually recruited? Imports- yes! Kurt Russell came back because he got married and now lives there( hasnt played for 3 years though!!) Now young peacock has sign- good! But the others where already there!

So their list looks like

Russell
Sedlock
Stratford
Jefferies
Mason
Import
Import
Peacock

So out of that Ray has recruited Imports!!! I hope he recruits some more otherwise the pioneers wont be around for much longer. Which would be sad to see.

Reply #168844 | Report this post

South East  
Years ago

Considering his experience in this area, i reckon he has recruited pretty well to hold onto Dallas, Mason, sign Sedlock, 2 imports with good credentials, talk Peacock into forgoing a college career and Russell.
I think he's done a good job. They could have all decided on going somewhere else with more coaching experience.

Reply #168847 | Report this post

pioneers fan  
Years ago

For one sedlock is going nowhere, mason wanted to stay, russell moved there! imports go to whoever will pay them and dallas must like it there.

Does that teamlook like it will compete ?

The answer is i dont think so unless their imports are of a jamie holmes standard!!!!

Reply #168862 | Report this post

number cruncher  
Years ago

my mail is he is keen to pick the eyes out of the Academy team this weekend.

he needs big guys but if mail is correct Bungey, lalic and Hobbo are not going

Reply #168881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South East - Ray has done zip despite having the money to do it with. The players he has were already there and staying, that is no challenge at all - they have homes and lifes, so are locals.

Fantastic person but still IMO not the right person for the job.
Why would any of the academy youth want to leave their clubs here to go to the Mount and an inexperienced coach without connections?

Reply #169092 | Report this post

pioneers fan  
Years ago

poor decision by the board!!! nice guy passionate but there were better options for coach

Reply #169154 | Report this post

Dr J  
Years ago

anon & Pioneers Fan.....
Fact = Your opinion means jack..
Your ability to continually concentrate on negativity also means your a Jackass......

Reply #169655 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

It's OK.....relax

Accoring to an earlier post, they can get that CDJ-1000 MK3 dude for only $500.

Reply #169716 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754