Anonymous
Years ago

How much Money has been raised for Hawks?

Anyone know? When is their deadline to get $750,000?

Topic #14348 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The deadline that the group made for itself is tomorrow (Thursday 24th). They have raised probably about 200,000 which by the end of th night is expected to be around 300,000 or maybe more. It is well short of the 750,000 goal but hope is that the owners will see that there is alot of public support and keep the hawks going.

Reply #168811 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They were at about $100k as of the article before that. I think they got a $50k donation from a business that would've really helped.

Reply #168813 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Hopefully their on court success of late will help. The NBL itself should work harder to keep all teams viable.
Nunawading , Magic , Nth Melb , Geelong , Gold Coast , Hobart , Newcastle , St. Kilda & Canberra (there may be more I can't think of) have all come and gone.
I know there are huge differences in marketing potential between the AFL & the NBL, but as there is more than one AFL club more than $1,000,000 in debt and still operating, perhaps our guys should sit down with their guys and see if some of their strategies can be applied to our game.

If things don't improve for them, each club at their next home game, should ask all fans to give a gold coin donation to help them.
$1 or $2 is a small price to pay to preserve our league.

Reply #168837 | Report this post

Johno  
Years ago

According to the local news tonight the Friends of the Hawks have raised the total of $200,000 have also extend the Thursday nights deadline untill Fridays nights game against the Dragons hoping that will get them over the line.

Reply #168872 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754