Paul
Years ago

Sydney Kings - Dirtiest team in the league

After watching 1st qtr kings v dragons 2nite and many of the kings games this season im convinced that sydney are only on top of the league due to dirty play,holding,pushing,scratching,slapping etc.Im sick of seeing them getting away with it.Its time for the refs to stop allowing this farce that the kings call "defence" go ahead.Note to BG lets see if u get away with this shit in the olympics this year and win us a medal with your kings oops i mean boomers team

Topic #14362 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

Yeah Sydney get away with heaps of dirty play and sook when teams do it to them. Although, they are good defenders, just way too dirty at times.

Reply #168946 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That is why we did so well against them here because the refs actually called them for fouls when they would usually get away with it. Thats why Sydney were so shocked with every foul call. No team ever deserves to win finals playing that way. That is why it was so much sweeter when we beat the Magic and the next year Titans whom were accustomed to playing that way. Weird coincidence it is the same coach ;)

Reply #168969 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hate Goorjian, hate Smith, hate Crosswhite, hate Kendall, hate Worthington, hate Saville, hate Carter, and most of all i HATE HINDER SOOOOO MUCH!!!

THANKYOU CLINT REED FOR NOT TAKING HIS SHIT!

damn it wouldve been easier to write who i like, well... Tovey, Draper and Victor.

Definately the dirtiest team i have ever seen in this league, throwin elbows and sh!t, and then flopping all the time (eg. Carter vs. 6ers). Goorjian will disgrace our country if he takes these tactics (and players) to the Olympics.

And im soooo sick of having to watch them basically every week on fox, THERE ARE 12 OTHER TEAMS YOU KNOW.

Hinder has got the worst attitude of anyone in the league, and he gets away with most of the shit he pulls, did anyone else hear what he said to Philllll Jones a fe weeks ago? "Youre f***in dead bitch", he's an a$$hole...total a$$hole

Reply #168980 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

It's professional sport, kids. Intimidating and playing hard are part of the game. Sure, they push it further than others but if the rules allow it, then so be it. I see them as a well-drilled, tough unit with a Coach who demands success. Is that a bad thing?

Reply #168982 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Clean up the game and the crowds will come back, how can you have a family sport with it all being driven by Kings Thugerry and Flopping.

Reply #168986 | Report this post

lovesthedunk  
Years ago

Well said Moses Guthrie. I am a dragons fan myself and even though there were a few rough plays in the game last night I dont think Sydney is dirty. They sure play hard and a lot of the time the other teams that are playing against them get frustrated, turning the game a lot more rough than it has to be.

The fact is that Sydney is not on top because of dirty/rough play. They are on top becuase they are a superior team who gel together perfectly. Everyone knows their position and everyone plays high intensity basketball. This is also due to the superior coaching. BG is miles ahead of any other coach in Australia.

Stop being ridiculous everyone. Start giving some credit where it is due.

Reply #168988 | Report this post

bhendrix  
Years ago

I sure wish the dragons played defense like that!!!

Reply #168989 | Report this post

OohAhhEre!  
Years ago

Hahaha Adelaide fans hating on Sydney and BG.....woah what a suprise.....

Reply #168990 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

If BG was in Adelaide, we would love him. He is a hard-working coach who recruits & developes young players. What has everyone beeen saying about our "Coach"? And what was it, 155 given up against Brisbane?

Reply #168995 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

Yeah BG coached our national team really well at the 2004 olympics where we had our worst finish in history at the games.

Reply #168997 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

At least he go them there. The previous coach lost to NZ.

Reply #168998 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Defence IS like that internationally. Im sure the boomers will play D like that this year, they'll need too to compete.

Reply #169000 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

play d like that get shitloads of fouls called against us .other team goes to the line cause the fouls get called.result: worst finish in boomers history

Reply #169013 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Sydney Kings have been dirty for years, they are always throwing cheap shots. Even Sam Mackinnon told Carfino earlier this season during half-time that they are dirty.

You could see the dirty plays when they lost to us a few weeks back.

Kings and Wildcats are the 2 teams I hate the most with passion.

Reply #169020 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

At least he go them there. The previous coach lost to NZ.
That was the NZ team that went on and finished 4th at the World Championships, wasn't it? That was our worst team ever in terms of personnel facing NZ's best team ever. They were the better team, that's why they won. The current coach only beat NZ 2-1 in the last series with a much more talented team. There are also players who won't play for the Boomers because of him (Anstey being one).

Reply #169027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No that NZ team was NOT better than ours. Mark Dickel...MARK DICKEL FFS tor us apart in that series. Why? Because He who must not be named chose about half a true point guard for that series.

Reply #169046 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That is right the current Boomers coach won the series 2-1 with the best Australian team we have ever had! In contrast when we lost the series to NZ, we had I believe 9 of our 12 players (9 of which were our main players) retire, quit, or injured to play in that series. Yet everyone still blames the coach I can't name for that series lost. That is one time ill support him as we would lose to NZ with our second 10 playing now as well.

Reply #169119 | Report this post

Ole  
Years ago

The d is solid, relentless and in your face. Stop the whinging and step up. It would be great to see another team play with the defensive tenacity of the Kings. If they did they'd probably win - the kings' field goal % is so bad. BG is a freak when it comes to the d and the current players execute well.

Reply #169140 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

"The best boomers team we ever had."

You are kidding.

Gaze Heal Vlahov Bradtke Longley. Have you heard of them.

Reply #169166 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754