Panther
Years ago

Rumours

There are still a few rumours out there at the moment about players in the Central conference. Can people shed any light on these rumours and only comment if you actually do know!
Oscar Forman- Going to go and play in N.Z. (maybe you could answer that one Isaac)
Darren Ng- Not playing due to Academic or Medical work...
Puddifoot- Playing at Sturt...
Simon Kent- Playing at Sturt or North???
Pocahontas or is it Pochintesta- Not playing next season???
Blake Truslove- Back for another year??
Paul Rees and Pero- Back at Forestville ( all below the salary cap of course)???
Daniel Thompson- Heading overseas or playing elsewhere???
Anyone i've missed???
I've also heard that Chris Mason is heading down to the Mount to play for the Pioneers (geez, anyone can play down there these days!), any other players heading down there? I know they are short on players!

Topic #1437 | Report this topic

Rite  
Years ago

I was speaking to someone who plays at West that Blake was back for the season. Also heard that Kent signed for North.

Reply #16465 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

This is what I've heard:

Oscar - playing for Sturt
Ng - Not sure what he's doing
Pudds - Not playing at all
Kent - North
Pookie - Back in WA
Blake - back at West
Rees & Pero - NOT at F/Ville
Dan Thompson - tried to go overseas but staying with the Flames

Reply #16469 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Nice work deak.
Last I heard on Simon was that he was still undecided. North then Sturt, then back at North, still not signed though but things could have changed over the last week or two.
C'mon Isaac, you reply to most my posts just not obviously when I ask you a question!

Reply #16471 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

Panther, bit harsh on Mason, they let you play there and it's not like you set the ABL on fire before you left. Give the guy some praise (just like people gave you when you left), good on him.

Reply #16473 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I was joking D-lin, that's what I meant when I said they'd let anyone play down there these days. I was kind of bagging myself.

Reply #16477 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Where would Kent slot into North if Rogers is returning?

Reply #16478 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, with Hambour moving into the 2 spot...

Reply #16480 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think your avoiding the question Isaac!

Reply #16483 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think you're right!

Reply #16486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #16496 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

There's no way that on a team with MacKay and Hawkes that Hambour is playing the 2-spot!!!

They'll start Zorich, Hawkes, MacKay, Hambour (in the 4-spot), Kent; and they'll be the biggest and best starting line-up in the conference.

Reply #16509 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

deak -- what about that thread where Billo was suggesting that Hambour could play the 2 spot for the Sixers? ;) He seemed so confident of the idea working...

Reply #16512 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Hambour's shot is improving, and he is developing confidence in it as well, so maybe one day, he'll be a consistent outside shooter.

I know he was a guard when he first starting playing but I don't think he has the ball skills or one-on-one break downs moves in the half-court to be a shooting guard, . . . yet.

Question: Can Hambour guard other NBL shooting guards? (e.g., Jason Smith). Hambour is strong and quite athletic but I haven't seen him in a stance on the perimeter, carrying a hand to discourage the shot but with agile feet ready to move and shut down dribble penetration. I'm not saying he can't do it, I'm just saying I haven't seen it. Can he do it? Anyone?

Anyway, my point was leading towards, if he is going to develop into a 2-guard, then the ABA competition would be the place to do it. And on that team, there's no way that that is going to happen. There's already enough shooters on that team. They don't need another one. His role will be to crash the o-boards and work the paint with Kent, occasionally sneaking out and taking his outside shot during the flow of the game.

Thats just my opinion.

Reply #16514 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

maybe a bit harsh, but i think the truth hurts.
there is no way on this living earth that nick hambour can or ever could play the 2 spot in the ABL let alone the NBL. a 2 guard normally has a great shot, great handling skills, an excellent OUTSIDE defender, a good passer, and are quick.
hambour is none of these.
i would say to him to just concentrate on the paint he does that well.
hambour playing outside is just ridiculous!!!

Reply #16515 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've no doubt that Hambour is more agile than some would think, and I've seen him warm up an outside shot before ABA games, but I was just joking around.
Even in the ABA, the competition amongst guards is pretty fierce -- Brad Davis had a deserved run with the Sixers, Forestville's guards are very quick and quality shooters, etc.

Should be a great ABA season coming up...

Reply #16518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no way hambour will be a 2 at north they have got mckay, hawkes, zorich ,frangers ,burdon and quigley will get the job before hambour

Reply #16533 | Report this post

bum huggers  
Years ago

Hello Panther, guess who this is?
You are a gossip munger aren't you. You must love this hoops site!

Reply #21198 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:52 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754