Dr Evil
Years ago

Soft Effort By Boti

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23099852-5006371,00.html

Thought he could have pounced on the fact that Hodge was subbed out at clearly the wrong time. When he was subbed I think I heard the thoughts of every spectator as they started banging their heads against the wall.

Could have also wrote about Mottram playing a superb defensive effort only to be subbed out for Cooper who not only fouled a guy on the ground when we got a steal and the fast break but also didn't block out on the bonus free throws and gave up an easy tip in. At that stage I pulled my hair out and was looking for other scalps to pull.

Another image he could have written about whas that aweful zone that continued to be beaten in the same areas (did cooper even guard anyone in the middle of the zone or did he take the 2-3 be a tree to the extreme)

He is however correct in saying that the game was competitive and interesting to watch. But if it were boy goorj that had made decisions like the above he would be making noise.

Topic #14371 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

AGREED!

Reply #169102 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

pfft.. getting very sick of the coach bashing. Anything that goes wrong with the sixers is his fault? Whatever

How about the buck stops with the players. How about we don't have a good enough team to win. How about we don't know how to win, and Melbourne do, hence why they would have won when they were 6 up all along.

I agree he hasn't done a great job over the past year or 2, but FFS people on this site are taking things wayyyy tooo far.

Get over it

Reply #169106 | Report this post

Years ago

Any team that starts in a zone for two thirds of an NBL season deserves their position on the ladder (see 36ers and Dragons).
So whos' decision is that?

Reply #169109 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Bad day lockstock .

Nah , look i tend to agree with you here big fella . We all know the coaches performance has been lax for a few years but now everyone is jumping on like the big bully at school , without thought .

It is time to say thankyou Baldemort , thankyou for some great years , cheers for the three championships , sorry it has come to this , hope you locate your mojo . 3 cheers for coach .

Reply #169111 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

Syracuse won a NCAA title playing only zone.

Reply #169114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but there is a differnce between th Syracuse zone and th adelaide and south dragons zone and i think its ridiculous to even compare the 2.

Reply #169115 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

Yeh, I know. But you can win playing only zone.

Reply #169121 | Report this post

Years ago

In the NBL?

Reply #169127 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

that foul on cooper on the ground was horse shit but year mottram should have been on

Reply #169134 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Giants won playing zone all year. That isn't the issue for me. His subs and lack of timeouts at key times are and have been a disgrace for a long time. Lockstock, the buck stops with 'The General', yet that nickname is wearing thin. No matter what job your in, after 10 years, a sense of comfort zone sets in, we need a hungry coach with new direction and a passion winning. A coach who is worried about his name being mentioned on a site such as this (no offense Isaac) is not 100% committed to the team.

Reply #169138 | Report this post

jammer  
Years ago

Hey all you experts i am wondering how you would defend Melbourne.Man to man sure wont work they are bigger in every position and will post the miss match up.That would leave Darren guarding Thomas like that would work.Julius put his hand up to ask for a rest so lets see leave him in and make some errors but lets just blame THE COACH.Get a look at Melbournes talent do you seriously think we can match up with them?

Reply #169144 | Report this post

Years ago

Too late to save daddy now!

Reply #169147 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't really have an opinion either way on the Hodge substitution, but we did a very good job regardless of match-ups. They played reasonably well, yet never led by more than 9, and it was a one basket ball game within the last minute. "Get a look at Melbournes talent do you seriously think we can match up with them?" - why bother even showing up if that's the attitude?

Reply #169153 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

Team of champions not a champion team. I agree the coach is part to blame with the subs he made at the end but there were a whole 3 quarters before that which is why they were behind in the 1st place

Reply #169168 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

From where we sit, we can see the players' faces very clearly as they go to the bench - and Hodge was very definitely hurting and needed the frequent subs - including the one with 6 mins to go. From memory (not reliable!!) I believe he was only rested for about 1 min on that occasion but I believe he was able to make a far greater contribution after the rest than had he been made to stay on court.

Just my opinion!!

Reply #169197 | Report this post

tizzle  
Years ago

The Syracuse zone worked because you had two guys who could block threes from a standing start on the baseline... obvs.

Reply #169365 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754