Colin
Years ago

NH - Gilly retires

Just read that Gilchrist has just announced his retirement from all forms of cricket !! Check out baggy green

Topic #14390 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

thats just crap, he has dropped a couple of catches but the media has basically pushed him into doing this early as apposed to his or CA timetable.

Reply #169393 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/baggygreen/content/story/333484.html

Reply #169395 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

True legend of the game.

Best one day player ever.

Best aussie wicketkeeper ever.

Most exciting batsman ever.

Reply #169396 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

Couldnt have said it better myself Kobe-for-MVP...

watching cricket wont be the same...

Very disapointing news...good reason to watch MORE basketball...!!

Reply #169397 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

this came as a huge shock to me. Didnt see it coming! Didnt he say the other day he was keen for another Summer or so. Pity he'll just miss out on 100 consecutive Tests...but 96 is still bloody good. lol.

Congrats to one of the greatest Australians to play, and probably THE main man who changed the way run-scoring in cricket would be, dominating teams as an opener in One Dayers, and sizzling them @ #7 in the Test arena which resulted in higher scores and higher run rates in both forms..

Remember the game at the WACA last year against England when he S P A N K E D Monty Panesar in one over.

Reply #169400 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I didn't see this coming, I was expecting one season at least.

Gilly best wicket-keeper

Best one day batman

Most entertaining.

Sadly going to be missed.

Reply #169402 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

This is typical of the man. The perfect time for him to retire, just a few kinks in recent times and there is no way this guy deserves to go out in bad form, because that is not the way he should be remembered.
No doubt that he has changed the course of cricket with the way that he has destroyed attacks all over the world.
We do have a great replacement in Brad Haddin. And hopefully he receives support from the whole country. And as I write this, the Sixers are 14 to 4 up! Can that continue?!

Reply #169409 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Yes squid it can continue.

Hope for gillys sake he has a huge ODI series in March to finish his career.

Reply #169411 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Reply #169417 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

123abc CLASSIC GILCHRIST

Reply #169420 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

hahaha yes cheers 123abc...my view right there in Video. how bloody awesome was that innings!?! THAT is why he will be greatly remembered and never forgotten about how he changed Australian AND world cricket!!

Reply #169541 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

I remember seeing that massive six off panesar. Heard the crack off the bat before the camera panned back and remember think 'i wonder how far back this ones goin...'

Reply #169571 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754