billo
Years ago

NH - Harder, Faster, Better, Tsonga

Anyone else pumped for the men's final in the tennis this evening? Federer's reign of terror is over and the time has come for a new champion to emerge, will it be the master in waiting or the cocky young upstart with outrageous talent?

I'd love to see Tsonga win, and if he plays like he did against Rafa then he's got to be right in the mix, but I get the feeling the moment might get the better of him and Djokavic will take the title in 4.

Predictions?

Topic #14392 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Great title, love it. Kinda happy to see federer not be there. I think djokovic could be troubled by tsonga, i like both players so i dont really care who wins.

Reply #169563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not normally that interested in tennis but I have really got into it recently and now I love to watch it (some of the women aren't too bad either!). I'm looking forward to the final and I hope Tsonga wins!

Reply #169566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you say that you think the moment will get the better of tsonga but dats what the experts and commentators thought would happen in the qauterfinal and semi final but he won both of those games in straight sets.
so i think he will rise to the occassion
Tsonga in 4
Tsonga Bombaya

Reply #169568 | Report this post

Djokovic for straight sets

Reply #169570 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Anon, Tsonga did tighten up in the quarters, still managed to get through though, to his credit he was clinical in the semi. Game on, hope he can do it.

Reply #169572 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I really wanted to see Federer get past Djokavic so I could see how he'd handle Tsonga and whether he'd do the same to him as he had to Baghdatis and Gonzales in the past 2 years.

But Federer played the worst game I've seen him play for a long time and Djokavic was amazing on the big points especially his serving.

I'd love Tsonga to win - he has such a great combination of size and speed but if Djokavic serves like he did against Federer then it will be very tough for him.

Tsonga to win in a 5 set classic.

Reply #169574 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

While we're on the topic (sort of) this video is great, check it out if you've not seen it before. It takes a while to get going but it's worth it.

Reply #169575 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I put a bet on Djokovic before the Federer game to win the tournament. I think who ever handles their nerves better wins the game.

Reply #169576 | Report this post

asif  
Years ago

Reply #209475 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754