Anonymous
Years ago

Wollongong Hawks are Safe

You heard it here first. Keep eyes open tomorrow.

Topic #14397 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Hmm, I heard different yesterday, but it was 3rd hand..

Same person wanted to tell me that we would only see 12 team next year.

Reply #169586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its only happened today so ur source may of been correct yesterday. I heard there is big cash injections from 2 sources.

Reply #169591 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

I hope you're right. i was at the Hawks game on Fri nite vs Dragons and at that time they only had 200k!! and their deadline was extended a week!!!

Reply #169593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Th new cash injection is from an ownership package rather than to friends of the hawks from what i understand

Reply #169594 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

awesome. i really hope they stay alive. i wish the league had loads more money so we could fill the NBL up with more teams..in Tassie again, a team in NT even, another team in WA & SA would be great and maybe another Canberra organisation with more expansions into NZ and Asia. LONG SHOT of a thought - but only if we had the money!!

Reply #169597 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

cmon balling is life you're forgetting Kangaroo Island.

Reply #169605 | Report this post

Johno  
Years ago

Yeah in todays mercury that a new naming rights sponsor will be annoucued within days worth around $350,000. For more about this story.

Go to the Illawarra Mercury Website

Reply #169610 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

rotate on this, i wonder what they would call themselves :P

Reply #169612 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

123abc - well the blaze is out so ....
Kangaroo Island Ash , KI black possums , or maybe as i have nothing decent just the Kangaroo Islanders .

Reply #169620 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Hmm, so friends of the Hawks raised 250k, but the person who coughs up 350k gets naming rights?

What do friends of the hawks get?

Reply #169636 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

"What do friends of the hawks get?"

To watch their team play next year?

Reply #169639 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Yay! The backer gets that AND naming rights! Unlike the punters, this backer who put up the 350k will see a return on their investment, namely advertising and the good PR their "bailout" brings.

Reply #169642 | Report this post

curtleyambrose  
Years ago

When is a frank lowy type gonna come in and shake up the league so this doesn't have to happen every year? Also, can't the NBL buy the Hawks?

Reply #169643 | Report this post

Johno  
Years ago

Just wondering what the lastest about the hawks does any on know when they are going to announce there new Naming rights sponsor must be soon

Reply #169806 | Report this post

alicia  
Years ago

that is great that they are safe.

if the board dont stuff it up next season they will be safe the yr after too. i am from wollongong and it is A shame that we they had to do all of this they have had many people with money sponnor them they really need to get rid of the CEO and the poeple that run it and get some one that knows they are doing in there

Reply #170810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754