sameoldsameold
Years ago

Clubs to pay for BSA development officers

BSA have said that clubs are now to pay $7k for the development officers. That some clubs share these people's time and efforts. And that these development officers are only accountable to the stadium managers and the BSA development manager, according to the Job Despriction.

What are peoples thoughts?

Topic #14404 | Report this topic

who knows  
Years ago

$7,000 in this day and age is not much.

what clubs pay?

member clubs?
magic, rattlers, flinders uni?

how can clubs pay that already are in debt to bsa ?

just go deeper?

anyway - they might be worth the money and do a good job.

let's see that is $700 per member club - if the officer recruits just 1 player for 2-3 years - the club will recoup it's outlay.

Reply #169640 | Report this post

sameoldsameold  
Years ago

My understanding is that it is $7k per year, without any guarentee that a player will come back to the clubs, nor any other KPI's related to club development. Rather it is based on stadium and DO plans. ie BSA run domestic competitions which the clubs do not control.

Looks to me like a redressing of the old DO's with clubs now paying for it!

Reply #169653 | Report this post

agree  
Years ago

I would thought with the extra money they are generating now they could have paid it for themselves. I beleive it is only a 12 month traineeship. You are right that nothing changes, and never will until staff changes at the dome.

Reply #169669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

someone whinging about BSA. Now that's the sameoldsameold

Reply #169694 | Report this post

Pultney 74  
Years ago

Call a spade a spade.

If there are issues, then comment will be made.

Reply #169709 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

#169640 - isn't it $7K per club with a stadium, not $700 per club?

Reply #169714 | Report this post

mkk  
Years ago

What about the two clubs that already have a paid JDO? Do they still pay the money?

Reply #169749 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754