glen
Years ago

lightning strike

unless something goes drastically wrong, the lightning team will end up top for the season.

come on every one lets give the girls all the support they deserve.

god knows, they are always playing second fiddle to the 6ers and undeservedly so.
where's the equality?????

and before you all jump on the bandwagon, I know they don't draw the crowd like the 6ers do, but I for one cannot understand why?

Topic #14405 | Report this topic

give it time  
Years ago

if they build it - they will come.

with the 36ers having a very slim chance of play offs - the basketball communities thoughts will turn to the lightning over the next few weeks.

It just needs to be talked up a bit by boti and the local news / sports journos.

I like the idea of a slogan for a particular season / finals campaign.

"THE TIME IS NOW"

"the time is right"

are good ones.

If everyone realized how lucky we are this year to have such an international team - they will "get on board".

just think of 1995 and 7,100 at the dome womens' GF

Reply #169658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Having a CEO that had some clue (and interest) how to market and promote the club would help too.

Reply #169660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do they have a CEO?

Reply #169661 | Report this post

Hoops 71  
Years ago

That's what she calls herself, although I'm pretty sure the original appointment was as operations manager. Either way she hasn't done anything during her tenure to promte and market the club despite having the most exciting team in league.
The fact that she seems to never be in the office only adds insult to injury.
Show some interest and passion for gods sake, or step down. Should never have taken on the position if she wasn't going to give 100%.

Reply #169664 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Interesting comment about the CEO? not being in the office. Tried to contact her the other day and told she was in Perth (maybe looking for a new job?). I was told the I was better off talking to SW in any rate as I would get more response. Maybe the rumours about why the CEO was employed (backstabbing CL and providing personal coaching to the Princess) are actually true. Will the CEO/Operations Manager be there next season? Has personal coaching sessions done any good or has the player not really improved at all (everyone knew she could shoot the triple).
Even though the ADELAIDE Lightning will probably finish on top what happens to the CEO and Coach (even though reappointed) if the ADELAIDE Lightning don't make the Grand Final OR don't win the title (don't forget, he who must be obeyed does not appear to have much patience with people he perceives as losers).

Reply #169684 | Report this post

Giraffe 54  
Years ago

I had heard that CB didn't like CL so maybe that's why she got the job. If CB was going to get the boot surely it would have already happened... Like CL and MD earlier in the season.
Perhaps VM is not aware of the very obvious shortcommings of CB, although I doubt it.
I think VV and TD's jobs are safe regardless of what happens in the next few weeks.

Bring on the finals, would be great to see the first LLA GF at the DHD since 98. Would love to see SW and JW finish their WNBL careers with another championship.

Reply #169688 | Report this post

big  
Years ago

GO LIGHTNING!!

I'll be there supporting them all the way!

Reply #169689 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754