Kriss
Years ago

Carter for Mourning

Raptors send VC to the Nets for Alonzo, Eric Williams Aron Williams and 2 first round picks

I was spewing they didn't send him to a contender like San Antonio

VC Kidd and Jefferson? Not a bad 1-2-3 combo ala RUN TMC 93

Topic #1443 | Report this topic

Northerner  
Years ago

Whoopsy!!!!!

That's right baby the Nets are back in business with Vince coming over. It will be a competition between RJ and VC as to who will catch the most lobs... Kenyon who????

Say it with me now, N....E....T....S.... Nets Nets Nets

Reply #16535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all carter can do is dunk he cant shoot that well

Reply #16538 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

They might look good on the break but who will be there to look after Shaq, Or Jermaine, Or Wallace, or amyone who can play in the paint!

Higlight reels may look god but they dont win chapionships!

Reply #16545 | Report this post

Nasir Jones  
Years ago

Northener northerner northener the nets suck im sorry...

Iverson baby for MVP
Zach Randolph runeer up

Reply #16546 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

I can forgive Northerner for getting excited by the acquisition of Carter (sorry mate, Nets aren't back in business) but Nasir Jones, c'mon, Iverson for MVP?? Randolph runner-up?? Umm, try Duncan, Nash, Garnett, O'Neal, etc. Iverson and Randolph?? No way.

Reply #16554 | Report this post

genna  
Years ago

toronto could have got a lot better in return for VC... i think the nets got the better end of this trade

Reply #16557 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

you all got no idea.carter wont stay at jersey for long.they wil prob trade him for a pf eg. shareef from portland.just watch.carter is a gun either way.

Reply #16558 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, I reckon the Nets got the better end of that deal. How old's 'Zo these days? Must be getting on, well past his prime. Raptors don't seem to be very good at this trading thing, who did they get for T Mac?

Reply #16566 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And isn't VC injured anyway?

Reply #16567 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

A costly trade Northerner. You just mortgaged your future (which looked good after acquiring 100 first-round picks for Kenyon Martin) for a pouting ex-superstar.

If Carter turns it around, great, but that's a big if.

As for Toronto, if you've ever seen a team build for the future, this is it. Mourning won't stay - the guy is a champion in every sense of the word but Toronto will probably release him down the track. Big contract, inconsistent contributor (because of his injuries/kidney etc).

Reply #16568 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

The Nets will win plenty of games in the LEASTERN Conference but will get their asses kicked in the west.

Small ball is fun to watch but won't win a title...last NBA team to win one without a legit big man (Don't say Longley)

Reply #16571 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

pfft, this is just a PR deal for the Nets. Carter is going to put bums in seats rather than wins, they have no size whatsoever. They'll probbly deal Kidd before the trade deadline.

I like this deal for Toronto, it gives them more size, experience and defense and Chris Bosh still gets to play the 4 spot. The raptors were playing better without Vince anyways.

Reply #16579 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

carter is soft and is always injured. all he can do is dunk and they have no big guys toronto get the better of the trade especially in the long run with the draft picks. but then again nets need ro keep kidd happy

Reply #16687 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

As Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons would say...."Worst trade ever" (for the Nets)

Reply #16691 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:46 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754