Anonymous
Years ago

Nth Adelaide set to sign SEABL star

Rumour has it that North Adelaide are about to sign a SEABL star. If true Nth are going to be tough to beat!!

Topic #14431 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

and they weren't tough to beat last season?

haha, posts like this make me laugh.

Reply #169937 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

but they did get beat

Reply #169955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is this star? And is Dusty playing?

Reply #169957 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Yeah ive heard that Dusty will be playing also

Reply #169963 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

hmmmm does anyone hear "salary cap"?

Reply #169964 | Report this post

Biggest offseason get of the year.... Boom.
Announcment in less than a day.

Reply #169968 | Report this post

rumour mill  
Years ago

Jason Reardon from Geelong Supercats.

nothing signed

Reply #169981 | Report this post

number cruncher  
Years ago

dont think its a done deal yet.

mae be a chance for other clubs to pounce.

Reply #169982 | Report this post

done  
Years ago

will be playing for the Rockets in SEABL tournament next week, consider it done!

Reply #170033 | Report this post

number cruncher  
Years ago

spoke to him personally last night, Bendigo tourny or not, far from done. has not signed.

I hear there may be a second club that has shown interest, no firm offer yet but disussions have begun.

Soon to be a third and a fourth.

No signature no deal.

Reply #170049 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was going to guess Reardon after this topic was put up. Has put up good numbers in the SEABL and might've been an outside shot at an NBL bench. Wonder if one reason for him to head this way is to try for a spot with the 36ers?

Reply #170057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reardon will average a tripple double in ABL.

Reply #170074 | Report this post

Jase.com.au  
Years ago

36ers will sign him, Woolocott favorite. Anyone want to give me odds?

Reply #170097 | Report this post

Camel 49  
Years ago

170057 - Given the success Jye Watson had with that path...

Reply #170104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What sort of player is this bloke? Forward?

Reply #170106 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have never seen him play, but I always assumed SG/SF - maybe a bit like Jason Williams at ABL level? Had a look around: 189cm, 90kg guard.

There was a topic on this site ages ago about the Perth Wildcats offering him a contract. Google "jason reardon" and you'll find it.

Reply #170109 | Report this post

Rarney Bubble  
Years ago

#170104,

Watson got the opportunity (Pt Lincoln camp) but wasn't good enough. Maybe Reardon figures if he gets that same opportunity he will prove himself.

Reply #170111 | Report this post

Camel 49  
Years ago

Fair enough. And there's always the possibility (albeit a long shot) he could turn out to be a diamond in the rough like Redhege (sp?).

Reply #170112 | Report this post

number cruncher  
Years ago

its heating up now, North, Centrals, South and West have all had chats with Jason.

Looks like North may have a bidding war on their hands.

Reply #170167 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Is there anything else that is tying Reardon to Adelaide.
He is an excellent shooter and top defender. Very complete player, great leader. Any team that picks him up will automatically jump into finals contention.
Extremely surprised though that he would leave Geelong!

Reply #170203 | Report this post

help the Scats  
Years ago

Whats there for him in Geelong? The supercats are in deep S%&t right now.

Owusu, Cox, Med(can not play)head & Leonard are the only signed players... season very close.

HELP US!!!! Call the SCATS Office for a gig!

Reply #170209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The current line up for Geelong, with finalizations to be made (since you missed a few names, next time check www.supercats.com.au for lastest signing info):
Geelong 08
Braith Cox, Jarrod Leonard,Nick Owusu, Brad Bridgewater, Dane Bow, Kris Van Parreren, Jamie Medved, Daniel George
- Jason Reardon ??
- Nathan Herbert ??
- Shawn Myers ??

Reply #170211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HA!!!!
Dane Bow, Kris Van Parreren = WHO??? It helps is names you state that even rate!

D.George is a done deal,
J.Reardon is gone,
Myers is waiting for BA to reject the appeal and medhead is lucky to even start for the big v 'gabba' team.on't be so defensive and really,

do you beleive all you real on sites like supercats.com.au , they are the last to know about their own players.

i take intrest in the seabl and i know players, they are in dire straits

Reply #170219 | Report this post

just_the_facts  
Years ago

How wrong you are !!! You actually know very little about SEABL players.

Firstly Supercats.com.au is the most comprehensive ABA website in the country and is up to the minute with the latest factual information about the team. It is kept this way because the club respects its members.

Secondly, Geelong will only loose 2 players from last year's SEABL Championship team to the Big V division 1, being bench players Keith Harrison and Chris Brown.
Jamal Brown, as we all know, was released after last season and replaced with Brad Bridgewater who is taller and more athletic than Brown.

Reardon, has not made any commitments in Adelaide, or anywhere else as yet and is still likely to remain in Geelong.

Finally, Jamie medved has an ABA National Championship ring and three SEABL Conference watches and you don't !!! :-)

Have a nice day.

Reply #170243 | Report this post

oldcat2  
Years ago

Mark Leader has done a good job in the past with plenty of talent on his team. If Jason Reardon does leave Geelong expect players like Owusu, Cox and Medved to get extra minutes. No one in the Supercats team last season played more than 37 minutes. Cox shared point duties with club legeng Leonard and both only played around 22 - 25 minutes. This team will still be very competitive and push for a 4th straight SEABL title.

Reply #170245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like a few geelong people like this forum!! How about they get their own!!!!

Reply #170268 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gee, that's friendly!

Happy to have basketball fans from everywhere contributing here. If there's likely to be more talk on this topic, might be worth starting a new thread about the Supercats specifically though.

Reply #170272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since the topic is about a Supercats player (he hasn't officially left yet and signed elsewhere), I am sure that Geelong fans should be allowed to discuss this issue.
Good luck to Jason on whichever team he does sign with for the up coming season.

Reply #170357 | Report this post

Know all  
Years ago

Reardon a Rocket, signed today!

Reply #170370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No info anyone else to say he has - where did you get your confirmation from. Not saying your wrong would just like to read any article that states so.

Reply #170375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tough loss for Supercats who have also lost Brebner to Cairns, both Brebner and Reardon were starters. Signing of George covers Brebner. Chance for Owusu to realise potential and take Reardons minutes. Decision on Herberts status is now more important than ever, who replaces the import if he is restricted?? After three straight SEABL crowns and a ABA title 2008 could be the biggest challenge the club has faced in years.

North fans will love Reardon, he fills the stats in pts, 3's, rebs, asts, stls and blocks the odd shot. If they were tough to beat before will be almost unstoppable now.

How big would a North v Supercats ABA quarter final be in 08??

Reply #170396 | Report this post

North  
Years ago

yes signed today, stating his intentions to play for the Rockets. Will join the team next week in Bendigo's SEABL tournament and will move to Adelaide after that. Keep an eye out for press release early next week.

Reply #170432 | Report this post

Kenzter  
Years ago

As of yesterday, i can confirm that Jason has signed with the Rockets for the coming season.
To the Supercats Board, What fools you are to let such an outstanding player of Jasons level leave your team. You should have pushed for his NBL career more than what you did.

Reply #170461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Jason wants to make in the NBL he needs to bulk up - he is skinny as a rake and wouldn't handle it against the big men of the nbl, playing the same role he does at seabl level. The supercats were shown up in the national semis last year against Cairns due to lack of big men, and Jason struggled to have his presence felt there, as did most of the guys. What more could the board do to have him make the next step, he has tried out but missed - can't blame the board for him not making it. Besides, 2 players from last yrs team are playing as developmental players this yr.
He is a good player and will be a lost to the side, but there are other guys who can step up and take on added responsibility. And did the board even have an option - if a player wants to leave then they might not be able to stop them, good luck to Jason this yr hope all works out for him.

Reply #170480 | Report this post

Kenzter  
Years ago

Bulk up, He is 6 foot 3 and 94kg. He is alot stronger than many guys his size and is able to play 1 through to 4 in the SEABL. If he is serious about going to the next level then he needs to work on many aspects of his game but he is certainly able to bang with guys his size. Nice shot. Can create for himself but his biggest assett is being able to bring others into the game. He was one of the most unselfish players on a somewhat selfish Supercats team.

As far as the board goes I have heard many things ablout looking after their own. And that doesn't mean the Supercats. I don't know this for sure but apparently the players don't get along with the board.

Reply #170486 | Report this post

Ha Ha  
Years ago

Wondering what the North juniors think of this. 35 - 40mpg gone from the 2/3/4 spot. Guys who have been loyal to the club will be fighting over the scaps again.

IMHO shows that Bear isn't able to develop players, but rather, needs to buy a championship.

Reply #170488 | Report this post

poached eggs  
Years ago

Just when Rowe and little Burdon were beginning to make strides, they bring back Mapunda and then go grab Reardon...

Reply #170492 | Report this post

Ol timer  
Years ago

Sour grapes if you ask me, damned if you do damned if you dont!
Fact that Forestville, West and Norwood wanted Reardon as well means if they didnt get him their closest competition would have been one up on them.
I agree a lot of talent but people said that about them last year and said it couldnt work and they ended up with the title.
As for Rowe and Burdon im sure they will still play, last year was their real first opportunity to play and think both will have good seasons this year.
Finally the comment about developing players, i watched north closely last year and everyone of those players was better than the year before. To win in the ABL you need the horses, no one has one in recent times without having some studs in the group. if their program can attract talent then so be it. i think 2 out of their entire squad is not a North junior, not sure how many other teams could say that.
I say good luck to them and im looking forward to watching this ABL season as i did last year.
Especially after another painful NBL season to watch.

Reply #170494 | Report this post

PizzasRBad  
Years ago

1. North have 2 players in their side that are not North Juniors. I dont think any club to can lay claim to this.

2. Little Burdon and Rowe would not even be 21 yet... They wont peak at basketball for another 4-7 yrs, if they stick at it. In the meantime I'm sure playing in championship winning sides, making important contribution to those sides and playing with players with the likes of Rychart, Reardon, Burdon, Hambour, Ziggy etc. wont hurt them too much ;)

Reply #170507 | Report this post

just_the_facts  
Years ago

Kentzer,

Some facts my friend: Jase is 6'1" in his basketball shoes. Jase is probaly one of the more selfish players on the Supercats team and will frequently take the glory shot rather than dishing to the open man. The Supercats board, coaches and team have nothing to do with him leaving Geelong, as he has some personal reasons for leaving.

Having said that, Geelong is very sad to loose a player of this calibre and the rockets may consider themselves lucky to have him. A very personable fellow and great with the kids at clinics and camps and such.

Reply #170571 | Report this post

Kenzter  
Years ago

O.k. just the facts, Knowing Jase pretty well and communicating on a regular basis, Jase is taller than 6'1. He is between 6'3 and 6'4. Just the facts. Get them right.

I suppose everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Reply #170675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boys boys boys...

Reardon is 6'3" at best but plays bigger, has long reach and good timing.

Reardon has been given plenty of help by Supercats to step to NBL. He has trialed for Perth. Didnt make it.

Reardon left the Supercats for non-basketball related reasons.

Supercats players selfish??? Yeah they were pretty selfish handing North a belting last year in the ABA playoffs...

Could Reardon play in NBL?? If Mick Hill can then yes he can.

Good luck to Jason, hope he enjoys Adelaide and hope he returns to Geelong one day.

Reply #170855 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754