Anonymous
Years ago

Jude Lamb retires, basketball mourns

Today is a sad day, not just for the ABL, but the sport of basketball in general. Jude Lamb has officialy retired.

Whenever one of the greats hangs up the Chuck Taylor's, there is always time to look back and reflect on what they have given to the sport of basketball.

The facts:

He was a Sturt juniour and finished his days as Southern.

He currently holds the Guiness World Record for the longest hold of a push up.

He is the only person to roll their ankle in warm-ups after attempting a board tap.

Today is a sad day indeed and I think when someone like Jude leaves this great game of ours they need to be remembered.

From now on the 31st of January shall always commemerate the day that was SAD THURSDAY.

Topic #14453 | Report this topic

Vote 1...Nino!  
Years ago

Or if you see the cup as half full, today should be known as The greatest day of all..... NINO'S BIRTHDAY! haha

Reply #170197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't believe he retired I am devastated

Reply #170198 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

When one of the greats hangs up the boots it is always sad.

Even though Judes best years were far gone, his pushup holds and lion heart saw him through his final years and who could forget that time he went right?!

Congratulations to a great of the game - you'll be missed. Everytime I go left, i will be reminded of you...

Blue Collar

Reply #170204 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

He'll be back, the greats struggle to adjust to life away from the game. so what if he tries his hand at another sport for a season, his love for the game will see him return to the hardwood again

Reply #170217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who cares

Reply #170224 | Report this post

Jude Lamb  
Years ago

I agree who cares. I was $hit. However, 'the power of the left' is now passed onto to Sean, Brad and Ryan.

It's a sad day but I needed to take my illegal screens to a game that appreciates them. Looking forward to the footy season lads!

Reply #170239 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

You will be missed Jude but i am sure the guys wont miss those razor sharp elbows!!!

Reply #170244 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

meaks , i am sure you have felt them pushing on your thighs whilst the lamb attempts to illegally escape thru the back fence .

Reply #170246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fudgy P has retired...definitely a sad sad day!

Reply #170249 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

I think u are refering to yourself on that one 'rotate on this'!!!!

Reply #170304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Honestly who is Jude Lamb?

Reply #170313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jude LAMB.....do u reckon he's retiring to do commercials with Sam Kekovich & promote LAMB.....

Reply #170326 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Anonymous 170313?
Some people have said it was Jude who was responsible for much of Joe Ingles development. The similarities in the way they both seem to be able to get on the left hand despite the best efforts of the defender is uncanny.

Also, I know Jude has worked closely with Ben Hodges over many years, teaching him the art of the broken play cheap bucket.

Certainly a great of the local basketball community.

Reply #170339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those who don't remember Jude as a basketballer might better remember him for his 'Block Dancing' days at HQ in those unforgetable hot pants!

Reply #170341 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

he was always going a little to the left there also .
No , in all seriousness Judas is a great fella , but who gives a rats fat .

Reply #170351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754